Kathryn Tarry > Gardner Leader LLP > Maidenhead, England > Lawyer Profile
Gardner Leader LLP Offices
FIRST FLOOR, 7 FRASCATI WAY
- Go to...
Personal tax, trusts and probate
Kathryn joined Gardner Leader in December 2013 as a Consultant. She began her career in industry and then had a career break to bring up her children during which time she went back to university to study law and qualified as a solicitor. She then spent many years heading a private client department in private practice.
Kathryn spends most of her time dealing with the administration of estates, wills, inheritance tax planning and Court of Protection work. She deals with complex estates including those with assets in other jurisdictions throughout the world.
- Administering large and complex estates
- Negotiating with HM Revenue and Customs on issues of non UK domicile
- Obtaining a Court Order to allow Probate to be granted following a loss at sea where no body was recovered and no death certificate issued
- Drafting wills for couples with complex families
- Drafting trusts and advising on inheritance tax
Gardner Leader LLP’s ‘vastly experienced’ private client team have notable strengths in helping high-net-worth clients in tax planning, often with a cross-border element and utilising its experience negotiating with HM Revenue & Customs. Other areas of expertise include inheritance tax, international estate planning and powers of attorney and Court of Protection work. Jolyon Barton‘s practice spans inheritance tax and capital gains tax mitigation, wills drafting, trusts and their use in tax planning, administration of estates and lasting powers of attorney. Robert Jobson is noted for his skills in establishing and administering trusts, while Penny Wright is recommended for tax planning, wills, incapacity and probate issues. Richard Mead and Kathryn Tarry are also of note for estate planning and administration. Senior associate Niamh Minihane specialises in will drafting and related inheritance tax planning.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Human resources > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Property litigation