Greg Humphreys > Gardner Leader LLP > Newbury, England > Lawyer Profile
Gardner Leader LLP Offices
WHITE HART HOUSE
- Go to...
Commercial property, Corporate and Commercial, Charities and not-for-profit
Greg is a partner at Gardner Leader and Head of the Commercial team.
Greg joined Gardner Leader in 2000 having emigrated from South Africa where he qualified as an attorney. Greg qualified as a solicitor in 2003 and was admitted to the partnership in 2006.
Throughout his career Greg has worked in the commercial and commercial property environment. This allows Greg to bring a broad knowledge of commercial law and practice to the advice that he provides and he aims to provide practical advice to best meet his client’s needs.
Greg specialises in property work, concentrating on commercial property work, including purchases and sales of property and development sites, joint ventures in development projects, lease projects and agreements for lease subject to development and advising lenders on securitisation.
The practice area was praised in the Legal 500 (2016) stating that “Gardner Leader LLP’s [Corporate/Commercial] team ‘exceeds all expectations’. Key figures include… practice head Greg Humphreys, who specialises in property work. Legal 500 (2016) also commented that Greg is ‘very thorough and knowledgeable’, and ‘acts quickly’.
South East > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
Gardner Leader LLP provides guidance for a range of clients, from large listed companies and private equity funds to start-ups and SMEs. Practice head Greg Humphreys is a specialist commercial property lawyer and has extensive experience advising on complex issues relating to affordable housing, development agreements and building leases and licences. Diane Yarrow is ‘excellent’, with expertise on a broad range of corporate and commercial work, including M&A transactions and international re-financing projects.
Based in Newbury and Maidenhead, Gardner Leader LLP‘s commercial property team advises on complex acquisitions and financing arrangements, investments, joint ventures, commercial leasing issues and extensive development projects. Greg Humphreys leads the practice from the Newbury office and has particular experience in handling property transactions for restaurant businesses, while Suki Hardy advises clients from the telecoms and data centre industries. In Maidenhead, Richard Buckeridge‘s practice handles all property matters, including leasehold enfranchisement matters and regulatory and advisory work. Joanna Bullard is experienced in the acquisition and disposal of commercial properties.
- Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40 - South East > Real estate
- Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40 - South East > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Employment > Health and safety
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Employment > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40