Seona Myerscough > Gardner Leader LLP > Newbury, England > Lawyer Profile
Gardner Leader LLP Offices
WHITE HART HOUSE
- Go to...
Seona is a Partner at Gardner Leader and Head of the Family team. She is based in the Newbury office.
Seona is a Specialist Child Care Lawyer. Seona acts for parents to represent them through the extremely difficult process of coping with Local Authority Care proceedings. Seona also represents children directly or via their Guardian who is appointed by CAFCASS. Seona does not represent Local Authorities.
Seona also has wide experience of the law relating to Family Breakdown, with a particular reputation in legal issues regarding children and their parents.
Where couples are separating, Seona uses her specialist experience and understanding of the law to help parents reach agreements on both the finances and the children with a focus on the family as a whole. If the couple have children, they will be the paramount consideration.
Family breakdown is difficult, so Seona actively promotes modern approaches including mediation and collaborative law which help preserve dignity as well as potentially reducing costs. Seona is very aware of the costs implications for couples separating and hopes to provide a bespoke, clear costs structure for clients.
Seona is a member of the Law Society Child Care Panel and Family Law Panel. Seona is a Qualified Mediator with FMA and is MIAMs trained. Seona is also a Qualified Collaborative Lawyer with Resolution and Chair of the Newbury CAB. Seona is on the Management Committee of Berkshire Family Mediation and a member of Reading Family Mediation. Seona is Chair of the Newbury Contact Centre.
Gardner Leader LLP has a ‘solid reputation’ for divorce, financial settlements and matrimonial work. Jenny Buchanan and department head Seona Myerscough’s practice spans the core aspects of family law and financial matters; Myerscough is especially well-known for her experience in matters concerning children within the care process and child arrangement cases. Suzy Hamshaw and Simon Fisher are also a names to note for divorce proceedings, preparation of pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Human resources > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Property litigation