Michelle Di Gioia > Gardner Leader LLP > Newbury, England > Lawyer Profile
Gardner Leader LLP Offices
WHITE HART HOUSE
- Go to...
Michelle Di Gioia
Health and safety, Commercial litigation, Property litigation, Charities and not-for-profit
Michelle is a Partner at Gardner Leader in the Dispute Resolution team.
Michelle has specialised in dispute resolution for over 18 years and has a wealth of experience across commercial dispute resolution, property litigation and health and safety matters.
Her specialisation in commercial dispute resolution involves her in a variety of matters from contractual disputes, professional negligence, partnership/shareholder disputes and arbitration.
Michelle also brings expertise in property litigation involving landlord and tenant matters, rent arrears, disrepair and dilapidations, forfeiture, restrictive covenants and obtaining possession.
Michelle has significant strength in health and safety in relation to compliance, risk management and litigation advice. She has handled major instructions primarily drawn from the manufacturing and construction sectors relating to the defence of prosecutions and regulatory investigations. Her breadth of regulatory experience spans to matters such as health and safety, environmental and trading standards. Michelle provides proactive advice on policies and systems and reactive advice involving damage limitation and reputation management.
Michelle is a member of the Health and Safety Lawyers Association, the Property Litigation Association and is an Accredited CEDR Mediator.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Headed by Michelle Di Gioia, the team at Gardner Leader LLP handles all matters related to health and safety, including compliance, risk management and litigation. The full-service practice is well placed to advise on regulatory issues as well representing client in investigations and prosecutions by the Health and Safety Executives. The team is particularly experienced in handling risks and health and safety offences in the manufacturing and construction sectors.
The practitioners in Gardner Leader LLP‘s property litigation group demonstrate a ‘high degree of competence and understanding‘. It has recently had a notable increase in mandates from large companies, trusts and town councils. First Tier Tribunal claims and adverse possession claims are other areas of growth. The team also specialises in mortgage repossession work. Alastair Goggins heads up the broader litigation team. Michelle Di Gioia leads on the property litigation front.
The dispute resolution practice at Gardner Leader LLP ‘punches well above its weight‘ and regularly acts in multi-jurisdictional commercial litigation for a mix of private and corporate clients. Key figures include Michelle Di Gioia and senior associates Hilary Messer and Violetta M. Falla. Practice head Chris Felton is ‘a safe pair of hands‘.
- Health and safety - South East > Human resources
- Leading individuals - South East > Human resources > Health and safety
- Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40 - South East > Dispute resolution
- Property litigation - South East > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Human resources > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Property litigation