Mark Whitehouse > PwC LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
PwC LLP Offices
1 EMBANKMENT PLACE
- Go to...
Mark is a Partner and Co-head of the Disputes practice.
Mark (24 years’ PQE) is one of the UK’s leading specialists in contentious tax. He has particular experience in group litigation orders (in the context of EU law challenges), tax planning challenges, corporate tax appeals, judicial reviews and international transfer pricing disputes. He is a member of the PwC Tax Dispute Resolution Network, which brings together specialists in tax disputes from across the whole of the global PwC network. Mark is also a CEDR accredited mediator and has experience of alternative dispute resolution. He has worked for HMRC’s solicitors’ office and has first-hand knowledge of how HMRC handles disputes.
Trained Allen & Overy; qualified 1992.
University of Birmingham (LLB Law and French); King’s College, London.
Cycling, running and music.
At PwC LLP, Mark Whitehouse heads up the direct tax disputes practice, which has outstanding expertise in group litigation orders. David Anderson leads the indirect tax team, which has a particular focus on contentious VAT. The department is able to draw on the presence of in-house barristers, including Stephen Morse, who are able to appear before the courts and tribunals on matters relating to direct and indirect tax issues, transfer pricing and personal tax. It is also home to solicitors with chartered accountancy certification, such as Peter Johnson, who focuses on international corporate tax disputes.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and commercial > International business reorganisations
- Real estate > Environment
- Investment fund formation and management > Hedge funds
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Corporate and commercial > Customs and excise
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Corporate and commercial > VAT and indirect tax
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Employment > Employers
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Real estate > Property finance
- Employment > Immigration