Oliver Reece > PwC LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
PwC LLP Offices
1 EMBANKMENT PLACE
- Go to...
Oliver is a Partner and the Head of our Pensions team.
Oliver heads up the pensions legal team having established it in 2006 when he joined from the Pensions Regulator. He has spent the last ten years developing a legal offering that complements PwC’s full service pensions offering to meet clients’ needs. Oliver is very passionate about providing a legal service that is aimed at achieving client goals rather than one that appears to be there to create obstacles! He is also a trained mediator.
Oliver advises on all areas of pensions law and regulation but particularly the following areas:
- the Pensions Regulator’s ‘moral hazard’ powers, including defending actions and responding to regulatory enquiries
- pensions litigation including court applications for clarification of scheme provisions, rectification and Hastings Bass claims, and resolving professional negligence matters.
- the pensions implications of mergers and acquisitions and other transactions
- the pensions aspects of both solvent and insolvent group restructurings
- defined contribution arrangements including implementation of auto enrolment arrangements and ongoing compliance
- benefits change exercises, from restructuring benefits and transfer proposals to full scheme closures and wind ups
- a wide variety of funding issues from putting in place asset backed funding arrangements (such as Scottish limited partnerships, reservoir trusts and escrow agreements) and scheme buy-outs
Association of Pensions Lawyers.
Goldsmiths (BA History); College of Law, Guildford.
PwC LLP‘s pensions offering focuses on advising large corporates and pension schemes in the UK, as well as trustees, on novel issues relating to pensions liabilities and concerning corporate transactions and structuring work. It is increasingly active in the ESG space, assisting companies and trustees with the transition to more sustainable models. The legal function works closely with the firm’s wider consultancy wings, including tax and accounting, enabling it to provide a well-rounded pensions service. The department is headed by Oliver Reece , who has a strong track-record in pensions-related regulatory matters (particularly in relation to moral hazard), as well as in M&A and corporate restructurings. Fraser Sparks is an expert in benefit correction issues, liability management, bulk annuity transactions and establishing, closing and winding-up schemes. Elizabeth Ramsaran takes the lead on the ESG piece.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and commercial > International business reorganisations
- Investment fund formation and management > Hedge funds
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Employee share schemes
- Corporate and commercial > Customs and excise
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Corporate and commercial > VAT and indirect tax
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Employment > Employers
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Property finance