Keith Bottomley > PwC LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
PwC LLP Offices
1 EMBANKMENT PLACE
- Go to...
Corporate; Oil & Gas.
Keith is a Director and leads the UK Oil and Gas Group. He specialises in English corporate law with a focus on private company M&A, private equity, joint ventures and corporate restructuring projects.
Keith has over 15 years’ experience advising clients on global M&A transactions and restructuring projects in the Energy and Oil & Gas sector, both on the UKCS and in the CIS (predominantly Russia, Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan). He has advised energy market participants on all aspects of the subsoil use licence regime in these various jurisdictions.
Secondments to ExxonMobil and BP have developed Keith’s deep understanding of the corporate and commercial legal needs of clients in this sector, and he was instrumental in PwC’s recent BP panel appointment.
PwC LLP’s practice sits within the firm’s global department, which excels in high-profile carve outs, separations, spin projects and post-deal integration work; the group recently acted for Colfax on the separation of its medical technology business and fabrication technology business into two public companies. The team also has distinct knowledge in specialist areas including providing an IP and operating model offering, which is led by Latika Sharma, and standalone financial services and energy teams led by Kevin King and Keith Bottomley respectively. Georgie Blyth and Cynthia Chan jointly lead the wider business reorganisations practice, which also fields Tom Lewis, who is a key contact for pharmaceuticals, life sciences and Japanese clients; Laura Freestone, who focuses on entity simplification projects; and newly promoted director Harry Wilkins, who specialises in structuring projects.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and commercial > International business reorganisations
- Investment fund formation and management > Hedge funds
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Employee share schemes
- Corporate and commercial > Customs and excise
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Corporate and commercial > VAT and indirect tax
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Employment > Employers
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Property finance