Cynthia Chan > PwC LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
PwC LLP Offices
1 EMBANKMENT PLACE
- Go to...
Corporate; International Business Reorganisations.
Cynthia is a Corporate partner in PwC’s international business reorganisations team in the UK. She has dual-qualifications in England and Wales and Hong Kong. Since joining PwC in 2001, she has led a significant number of cross-border corporate reorganisaton projects for US multinational corporations and FTSE 100 groups, often working alongside other specialists in tax and accounting on such projects.
She has acted for clients across a wide range of industries ranging from manufacturing, technology, pharmaceuticals, health care, retail, financial services, property development; more recently, Cynthia has been working with a number of financial services groups on their Brexit-related reorganisations.
In addition to acting on general intra group reorganisations and refinancings, Cynthia has a special focus on deal related structuring helping groups to carve out pre deal and integrate post deal. She has significant experience in acting for clients in this area. She has also worked on multiple legal entity rationalisation programmes alongside the specialists in Tax, Accounting and PMO, to help her clients rationalise their entity structure and create cost savings.
Cynthia heads up the China Business Group at Legal in PwC and has worked with a significant number of Chinese clients in investing and setting up in the UK, including Bank of Communications, GF Securities, China Publishing and China Shipping.
Cynthia and her team have been ranked Tier 1 by Legal 500 in International Business Reorganisations, and Cynthia is one of the Leading Individuals in this category.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
PwC LLP’s practice sits within the firm’s global department, which excels in high-profile carve outs, separations, spin projects and post-deal integration work; the group recently acted for Colfax on the separation of its medical technology business and fabrication technology business into two public companies. The team also has distinct knowledge in specialist areas including providing an IP and operating model offering, which is led by Latika Sharma, and standalone financial services and energy teams led by Kevin King and Keith Bottomley respectively. Georgie Blyth and Cynthia Chan jointly lead the wider business reorganisations practice, which also fields Tom Lewis, who is a key contact for pharmaceuticals, life sciences and Japanese clients; Laura Freestone, who focuses on entity simplification projects; and newly promoted director Harry Wilkins, who specialises in structuring projects.
- Hall of Fame - London > Corporate and commercial > International business reorganisations
- International business reorganisations - London > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and commercial > International business reorganisations
- Investment fund formation and management > Hedge funds
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Employee share schemes
- Corporate and commercial > Customs and excise
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Corporate and commercial > VAT and indirect tax
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Employment > Employers
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Property finance