PwC Legal > BRUSSELS, Belgium > Firm Profile
PwC Legal Offices
PwC Legal > The Legal 500 Rankings
Belgium > Environment Tier 3With notable experience of advising on projects and procurement, PwC Legal‘s environmental law practice is sought out by clients including developers and public authorities. Els Empereur heads the team, bringing expertise across administrative, public, and real estate law to the table, while senior managing associate Olivier Drooghmans is noted for his work in zoning, due diligence, and energy contracts and regulation.
Other key lawyers:
BESIX RED NV
ROOMPOT RECREATIE BEHEER BV
3D REAL ESTATE NV
LEASINVEST COMM VA
SLIGRO-ISPC BELGIUM NV
MITISKA REIM NV
KANAALKOM DEVELOPMENT NV
CHATEAUX REAL ESTATE NV
DE MOLENS NV
- Assisting De Werkvennootschap in the realisation of the complex public-private partnership infrastructure project Noord-Zuidverbinding Limburg (NZL), impacting Houthalen-Helchteren and the vicinity.
- Assisting 3D Real Estate regarding the development of a highly sustainable residential project of 239 housing units, including a complementary park.
- Assisting De Molens NV, a joint venture between 3D Real Estate and Atenor, with the development of a mixed-use project in Deinze, along the Leie, on the site of the former Dossche Mills.
Other key lawyers:
Pierre Queritet; Bart Vanstaen; Ive Serneels; Stijn Vanbaelen
‘The team thinks beyond the legal aspects to consider on a deal and can offer immediate accessibility to tax, accounting or other non-legal expertise, delivering integrated advice. The PwC Legal network is also much wider in geographic range than other law firms and works effectively.’
‘Substance trumps form, but the manner/form in which PwC Legal provides their advice is worth mentioning. It is always to-the-point, in an easily readable and welcoming format (no long emails or long notes), and clearly defining possible solutions rather than only identifying the issues.’
‘Karin Winters and Bart Vanstaen stand out, both in top-notch technical expertise (going beyond legal) and solution-oriented delivery. They also build sound relations of trust with their clients.’
‘Sixtine Borres is also a rising talent.’
‘Diverse team which leverages the strengths available. Different team members specialise in other fields, makes a very strong blend.’
‘Top-notch practical advice, which is specific for our case. Also a very practical approach to discuss procedural aspects, next steps to be taken and what may we expect in terms of outcome.
‘Pierre and his team apply solid legal technical skills combined with no-nonsense negotiations.’
Gss Group Star Services
- Assisted Groupe Star Service SAS on its acquisition of the VPD-ARID Group.
- Assisted the founders of Kitry SA in its sale to Vortex Equity Partners.
- Assisted a real estate investment company in the framework of a highly complex and strategic joint venture transaction with a well known large infrastructure player consisting of a share deal and various asset deals.
François de Montpellier
Other key lawyers:
Els Empereur; Katrien Antonis
‘Good legal team with broad experience in real estate matters in Belgium.’
‘François de Montpellier is our reference within PwC Legal.’
3d real estate
Quadoro Investment GmbH
Ville de Mons
- Assisting Baltisse SA with the acquisition of Souverain 100, a 15,000 sq m multi-tenant office building located on Boulevard du Souverain in Brussels.
- Assisting Redevco NV with the legal structuring of a project with Shell for the installation and operation of electric charging stations at all the client’s retail sites in Belgium.
- Assisting 3D Real Estate in a dispute with one of its contractors regarding the development of a residential housing project in Ghent.
Belgium > Tax Tier 4The tax dispute resolution team at PwC Legal handles a range of tax controversies for domestic and international clients, including audits and transfer pricing disputes. Practice head Véronique De Brabanter is well regarded in administrative and court proceedings, and was promoted to partner in April 2022.
Véronique De Brabanter
Other key lawyers:
Bart Vanstaen; Gauthier Vael
‘Very skilled and professional team, with practical and top-notch legal assistance.’
‘Diverse team which leverages each other’s strengths to create an even stronger deliverable.’
‘The tax team is multidisciplinary and can provide extensive assistance in all fields of tax law, which is very much appreciated.’
‘Gauthier Vael does an excellent job. He follows up on our cases very quickly and is very reactive.’
‘Gauthier Vael is very technical and provides tailored advice combined with excellent skills and knowledge of the tax procedure.’
- Acting for two Belgian entities of a group in two proceedings regarding the fixed establishment issue, including a case currently pending before the CJEU.
- Advising a Portuguese insurance company and several other clients with respect to tax audits focusing on financial transactions.
- Assisting a multinational logistics company in the transport and distribution sector with an audit in which the tax authorities of multiple member states are simultaneously challenging the applied transfer pricing policy.
|Mrs Véronique De Brabanter||Senior Counsel, PwC Legal BV/SRL||View Profile|
|Mr Olivier Drooghmans||Senior Managing Associate, PwC Legal BV/SRL||View Profile|
|Mrs Els Empereur||Advocaat Vennoot / Avocat Associé, PwC Legal BV/SRL||View Profile|
|Mrs Pascale Moreau||Partner, PwC Legal BV/SRL||View Profile|
|Mr Jean-François Mouchet||Counsel, PwC Legal BV/SRL||View Profile|
|Mr Pierre Queritet||Advocaat Vennoot / Avocat Associé, PwC Legal BV/SRL||View Profile|
|Mr Ive Serneels||Senior Managing Associate, PwC Legal BV/SRL||View Profile|
|Mr Gauthier Vael||Managing Associate, PwC Legal BV/SRL||View Profile|
|Mr Bart Vanstaen||Advocaat Vennoot / Avocat Associé, PwC Legal BV/SRL||View Profile|
|Ms Karin Winters||Partner, Head of Corporate & M&A practice||View Profile|
|Mr François de Montpellier||Partner, PwC Legal BV/SRL||View Profile|
A new management team to deploy the “PwC Legal 2025” strategy: Catherine Baflast becomes managing partner as of October 1, 202123rd September 2021 At the end of her mandate at the head of PwC Legal, the time has come for Cindy Arces to hand over the reins to Catherine Baflast, who will become managing partner as of October 1, 2021. This succession and change in governance has been prepared for several months.
Published: October 2022
Authors: Kirill LežeikoRainer Urmas Maine
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview of Fintech laws and regulations applicable in Estonia.
Published: July 2023
Authors: Stanisław Żemojtel Artur GątowskiSebastian WieczorekMaria Strojna
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview of Litigation laws and regulations applicable in Poland.
Greece: Private Client
Published: March 2023
Authors: Costas KalliderisMantha Stamatiou
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview of Private Client laws and regulations applicable in Greece.
Poland: Alternative Investment Funds
Published: September 2023
Authors: Wojciech TrzcińskiFilip BrachŁukasz ŁyczkoKatarzyna Kaczmarzyk
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview of Alternative Investment Funds laws and regulations applicable in Poland.
Published: October 2023
Authors: Patrice Delacroix Véronique De Brabanter
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview of Tax laws and regulations applicable in Belgium.