Firm Profile > PwC Legal Austria-oehner & partner > Vienna, Austria
PwC Legal Austria-oehner & partner Offices
Donau City Straße 7
PwC Legal Austria-oehner & partner > The Legal 500 Rankings
‘The team at PwC Legal Austria demonstrated great capabilities and an enormous commitment. Within a short time, specific legal issues were examined thoroughly and discussed with us as clients.’
‘Committed team, responsive, able to deliver solutions quickly, going the extra mile.’
‘Dr. Werinos-Sydow is very committed, has a good understanding of clients needs, brings good solutions, has a good network of experts, high client focus.’
Verbund Hydro Power GmbH
Private client Tier 4
Corporate advice to family enterprises is the focal point of private wealth services at PwC Legal Austria-oehner & partner. Christian Oehner and senior manager Daniela Steiner jointly head the team, with the former covering corporate and M&A topics and the latter specialising in asset structuring, risk management and transactions.
Christian Oehner; Daniela Steiner
‘Excellent combination of tax knowledge and legal expertise.’
Employment Tier 5
The employment practice at PwC Legal Austria-oehner & partner also provides extensive immigration services including assistance with international deployments and work and residence permits. Employment contracts specialist Ursula Roberts jointly heads the team with associate Eva Krichmayr, who covers immigration questions on top of her social plan and restructuring work.
Ursula Roberts; Eva Krichmayr
Baustoffe-Verkaufslager, Harald Christian Ehrlich GmbH
The Student Hotel
Samsung Electronics Austria GmbH
Real estate Tier 5
PwC Legal Austria-oehner & partner is dedicated to providing investors with advice on real estate developments including subsequent transactions, which have recently spanned the residential, commercial and hotel sectors, while also assisting retailers with rent matters and hotel sector players with lease agreements. Karl Koller heads the practice; his set of expertise reflects the team's specialisation.
‘Very strong specialist, able to assist and negotiate in very complicated deals, can assist with specific questions on the spot and is always available, friendly and thorough in the advice given. We are extremely satisfied with the services provided.‘
‘Karl Koller is fast and always finds the correct tone. His legal knowledge and negotiation skills are outstanding. He is familiar with our market and anticipates market changes actively and advises us accordingly.‘
Catella Residential Investment Management GmbH
Da Vinci Lab KG
Kara Group of Companies
MERYN+Partner Bellevue 74 GmbH
PwC Legal Austria-oehner & partner grew with the addition an office in Linz under the leadership of Mario Steinkellner, who joined from Herbst Kinsky Rechtsanwalte GmbH in 2019. The overall department, which is headed by Christian Oehner, has a notable skill set in mid-cap sector transactions, restructurings and investments.
Other key lawyers:
Schloffer family as shareholders of Schloffer GmbH, Designed2Work (Austria) and Designed2Work International (Cyprus)
Cavalry Ventures, Berliner Volksbank Ventures
Vienna House Capital GmbH
Softwerk Automation GmbH
TMS Turnkey Manufacturing Solutions GmbH
fun.music IT GmbH
PwC Legal Austria-oehner & partner > Firm Profile
The firm: PwC Legal Austria is one of the leading law firms in Austria. With more than 40 lawyers and associates, PwC Legal Austria advises in all relevant areas of business law.
Global network, local expertise: PwC Legal Austria is part of PwC’s worldwide legal network comprising more than 3,500 lawyers in almost 100 countries. Our lawyers are closely connected through personal contacts and modern intelligent tools. Furthermore, the global PwC network includes 220,000 specialists working in the audit, tax and management consulting sectors. In order to ensure that the clients benefit from PwC´s technical excellence, PwC´s entire global network is at the clients’ disposal.
PwC Legal Austria provides its clients with a single point of contact, who is supported by professional teams tailored to the client’s needs and with a profound understanding of the specific context and industry.
Active interaction, comprehensive solutions
The strategies, concepts and solutions that PwC Legal Austria presents to its clients do not only take the legal aspects into account, but also tax and commercial aspects. The objective is to support the clients comprehensively and on a long-term basis. This interdisciplinary approach ensures that the client can efficiently tap into the whole PwC service portfolio.
Areas of practice
Corporate/M&A: PwC Legal Austria supports its clients in all corporate law and M&A matters. We accompany our clients from the design phase of an envisaged transaction until the post deal integration.
The M&A practice group of PwC Legal Austria has extensive experience on M&A transactions and complex corporate matters. An interdisciplinary approach makes it possible to offer a wide range of services, such as deal design and structuring, due diligence, SPA and ancillary contract design and negotiations, corporate advisory, restructuring, joint ventures, private equity and venture capital as well corporate governance.
Data protection: Failure to properly manage data, computer and communication systems and networks can put the organization of a client in breach of their contractual duties, duties of confidentiality and duties of care to third parties. Successful strategy development, execution and compliance monitoring require blended skills of a multi-disciplinary professional services team, which PwC Legal Austria is uniquely positioned to provide. Working closely with audit, consulting, risk-management and forensics experts, PwC Legal Austria provides a unique seamless end-to-end service. It provides business-critical support on data protection and privacy, including regulatory reform readiness (GDPR), data impact assessments, communication and negotiation with data authorities, implementation of data and cookie policies, outsourcing and cloud services and data processing contracts.
Dispute resolution and contracts: PwC Legal Austria supports clients in corporate and commercial disputes, domestic and international commercial litigation and arbitration, alternative dispute resolution, group litigation and class action, alternative dispute resolution and white-collar crime.
Employment law and immigration : Global markets have and continue to become increasingly competitive – the recruitment, management and retention of employees has never been more important to businesses. A company’s most important asset – its employees – require special attention and become a strategic focus. Together with other relevant lines of service, such as tax and consulting, PwC Legal Austria offers a true one-stop shop for all human resources issues. The employment law team provides its clients with specialist and commercially focused advice to help in important areas of employment law, such as HR transactional matters, equal pay and reward effectiveness, redundancy and re-organizations, implementing global HR policies and procedures, terminations, complex international corporate transactions, strategic deployment planning and compliance advice and immigration.
Financial services/banking and finance: The financial services practice group of PwC Legal Austria supports their clients with tailor-made and sustainable solutions for all regulatory, banking and finance, capital markets as well as banking M&A topics. It combines deep knowledge of the industry and the clients’ and their counterparts’ businesses with a global perspective and extensive cross-border transactional experience. Working alongside the specialists from tax, finance, deals and assurance, they follow an integrated approach and support the clients beyond “classic” legal advice with their services. This includes financial services regulatory, regulatory health checks, trainings and updates, finance transactions, acquisition, project, real estate, intra-group finance, secondary-market and portfolio transactions and capital markets. The team regularly advises investors with the market entry into the Austrian banking market including match-making with potential target banks. Most of the team members have previously worked in in-house positions and therefore understand the particular needs of in-house bank clients very well.
International business restructuring: PwC Legal Austria supports its clients in corporate and business reorganization. In addition, it advices in the areas of company formation, mergers, de-mergers, other corporate reorganizations, optimization of legal and tax structures, re-domiciliations and liquidations.
Restructuring and insolvency law: The PwC Legal Austria team offers tailor-made solutions in the areas of insolvency law, corporate restructurings and distressed M&A. They represent clients in out-of-court restructuring proceedings as well as in court and advise in pre-crisis and special situations. Based on many years of experience, the team provides targeted support to shareholders and executive bodies of companies in crisis or insolvency, trustees, banks, creditors and sellers, as well as buyers in distressed M&A transactions, in order to avoid possible liability risks and increase the chances of realization. The multidisciplinary consulting approach together with the PwC experts from tax and management consulting offers a broad professional know-how far beyond the scope of legal advice with regard to crisis and insolvency.
Private wealth services: PwC Legal Austria´s private wealth team specializes in working with private clients and family businesses, family offices and their advisors. It has a keen multi-disciplinary appreciation for the varied dynamics of family business and private wealth. It builds relationships that are based on an understanding of the clients’ unique circumstances as well as their business and financial goals. In cooperation with the international PwC private wealth services teams around the globe the Austrian private wealth team supports its clients with asset allocation and protection matters, optimization of the asset structure, estate planning and succession in family businesses, trusts and foundations, establishment of effective supervisory and governance structures (family governance), philanthropic investments and private global mobility matters.
Public and regulatory law: Public and regulatory law issues have become more and more important when carrying out business activities. The public and regulatory law team of PwC Legal Austria consists of true experts in these fields of law and provides wide-ranging and profound services. The team is especially focused on public procurement procedures, thereby assisting not only contracting authorities but also bidders as regards a tender process. The team also advises stakeholders in the infrastructure sector with regard to environmental impact assessment procedures, water rights law, waste management law, trade law, construction and zoning law as well as energy law. Further, PwC Legal Austria has an in-depth expertise in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, diagnostic and related areas, and offers advice and assistance to the Life Sciences and Healthcare industries. The team also represents clients in enforcement proceedings and public procurement review procedures before the Austrian authorities and Administrative Courts, respectively.
Real estate: PwC Legal Austria provides a wide spectrum in legal and economic know-how to optimally advise clients in the purchase, sale, development, administration, liquidation or financing of real estate. The real estate and construction team focuses on the interests of its clients and the real estate project with its specific risk structure and special features. It possess deep knowledge of the market and will support the clients in minimizing risks. Complex and international real estate transactions can be completely carried out within the PwC Network.
The team supports its clients in property transactions whether they are owners, tenants, investors or lenders and provide them with innovative, commercially aware solutions to even the most challenging business issues. Its range of real-estate legal services includes acquisitions and disposals, leases, due diligence, development, finance and structuring, asset and property management, smart city and urban mobility.
Tax litigation/tax crime: Both multinational as well as domestic corporations are facing the most challenging tax environment: a convergence of global forces has resulted in a substantial increase in the number and size of tax audits, assessments, and disputes with revenue authorities. PwC Legal Austria’s tax litigation and tax crime lawyers assist taxpayers in this emerging area. Together with colleagues from tax, they can work with their clients to prevent, efficiently manage, and favourably resolve tax audits and disputes, both at home and throughout the world. They combine deep technical understanding, local knowledge, strong relationships with government officials, tax litigation experience, and a global perspective. Their expertise includes tax audits, tax appeals, minimum-wage and social-security protection laws, representation before high and constitutional courts, representation in criminal tax cases and tax rulings.
|Managing Partner, Corporate M&A||Dr. Christian Oehner, LL.M.||firstname.lastname@example.org||+43 1 384 05 50|
|Partner, Employment Law & Immigration||Dr. Ursula Robertsemail@example.com||+43 1 384 05 50|
|Partner, Real Estate & Construction||Mag. Karl Koller, LL.M.||firstname.lastname@example.org||+43 1 384 05 50|
|Partner, Restructuring & Insolvency Law||Dr. Michael Lind, LL.M.||email@example.com||+43 1 384 05 50|
|Senior Manager, Private Wealth & Family Business Services||Mag. Daniela Steinerfirstname.lastname@example.org||+43 1 384 05 50|
|Director, Dispute Resolution & Contracts||Dr. Axel Thossemail@example.com||+43 1 384 05 50|
|Partner, Public & Regulatory Law / Engineering-Procurement-Construction, Intellectual Property & IT||Dr. Mario Steinkellnerfirstname.lastname@example.org||+43 1 384 05 50|
|Director, Financial Services||Mag. Irene Eckart, B.A.||email@example.com||+43 1 384 05 50|
|Irene Eckart, B.A.||Director||View Profile|
|Mag Karl Koller, LL.M.||Partner||View Profile|
|Dr. Michael Lind, LL.M.||Partner||View Profile|
|Dr. Christian Oehner, LLM||Managing Partner||View Profile|
|Dr Ursula Roberts||Partner||View Profile|
|Mag Daniela Steiner||Senior Manager||View Profile|
|Dr Mario Steinkellner||Partner||View Profile|
|Axel Thoß||Director||View Profile|
Staff FiguresLawyers and associates : 40+
LanguagesAll main business languages
PwC Legal Austria-oehner & partner > Firm Profile
Cooperation and trust define all of our business relationships. We are committed to providing the best solutions to our clients, and we have expertise in interdisciplinary fields of law.
In the course of our business, our professionals regularly cooperate with PwC’s tax advisors, accounting experts, transaction and business management consultants, thereby ensuring that the economic aspects of our legal affairs are treated appropriately.
Areas of expertise:
1. Corporate law / Mergers and Acquisitions
• Company establishment, development of corporate structures;
• Restructuring of companies and corporate groups;
• Legal due diligence reviews;
• Acquisition and alienation of companies and their assets;
• Compliance reviews.
2. Employment Law
• Employment agreements, management contracts, service agreements;
• Restructuring, assistance in legal succession, development and preparation of internal employment law policies;
• Representation in employment law disputes.
3. Litigation and Legal Disputes
• Litigation before courts and arbitration courts;
• Representation in tax and other administrative proceedings;
• Assistance in out-of-court settlement, mutual agreement and dispute resolution;
• Enforcement of claims.
4. Real Property
• Sale and purchase agreements, investment agreements;
• Legal due diligence reviews, analyses of real property portfolios;
• Financing and refinancing of real property transactions;
• Complex advising on building procedures (from planning to occupation).
5. Competition Law and Consumer Protection
• Fusion and anti-trust implications of mergers and acquisitions;
• Representation before the Hungarian Competition Authority in competition law and consumer protection related procedures;
• Compliance with competition law requirements, development of business practice and contractual background;
• Lawsuits related to unfair market practices of competitors.
6. Pharmaceutical Law and Health Industry
• Procedures before authorities, advising on regulatory matters, compliance advisory services (distribution, promotion, pharmacovigilance);
• Consumer protection related cases and proceedings;
• Regulatory matters related to food supplement, medical devices, other alternative therapy products;
• Cooperation, joint ownership and portfolio exchanges in the pharma industry;
• Regulatory matters related to healthcare services;
• Review of processing of health data, representation in procedures.
7. Intellectual Property and IT Law
• Intellectual property related proceedings and lawsuits, including proceedings in tax matters, lawsuits between competitors;
• Transactions related to the utilization of intellectual property;
• IT contracts (software license, software development, system implementation);
• Legal due diligence reviews focusing on intellectual property.
8. Energy, public utilities
• Procedures before authorities (operating licenses, licensing data provision, approval of corporate law actions);
• Advising on regulatory and compliance matters;
• Renewable energy related matters, other investments;
• Prospection and production concessions;
• Operation of public utility networks, implementation of innovative solutions;
• State aid and competition matters in the energy industry.
9. Finance and Banking
• Financing transactions (credit and loan agreements, collateral transactions);
• Advising on corporate financing, investment financing and property acquisition;
• Internal corporate financing;
• Legal implications of insolvency.
10. Public Sector and Infrastructure
• Advising and legal assistance, representation of bidders and contracting authorities in public procurement procedures;
• Legal assistance in public procurement audits;
• Advising on contracts of public service providers;
• State aid.
11. Business Crime
• Representation in criminal proceedings (including the representation of witnesses and injured parties);
• Review of supervisory and preventive mechanisms and internal policies;
• Risk analyses.
12. Data Protection
• Preparation of privacy policies, notifications, data processing related contracts and documents;
• Compliance reviews (GDPR and other data protection measures);
• Trainings, e-learning;
• Data Protection Officer services.
LanguagesEnglish German French Spanish
PwC Legal Austria offers a unique style of integrated legal advice, with access to specialists from across the entire global PwC network. PwC Legal is the largest legal services network in geographic terms. In figures, PwC Legal has over 3,500 lawyers in approximately 100 countries. Furthermore, the global PwC network includes 220,000 specialists working in the audit, tax and management consulting sectors.
The close cooperation with other PwC Legal offices and PwC service lines distinguishes PwC Legal Austria from other law firms. Moreover, such cooperation enables PwC Legal Austria to provide its clients with tailor-made comprehensive solutions covering international legal, tax, commercial and strategic aspects.
In today’s fast-moving world, it’s more important than ever to have a legal partner who understands all aspects of a business and embraces technology to help its clients to move ahead effectively and decisively. From predicting the impact of regulatory, economic and political shifts on our clients’ businesses to understanding how to future-proof their strategy, we connect our clients’ challenges with the right expertise in law and across PwC. Together, we help to navigate complexity with confidence, find new ways to grow and transform ways of working.
Connect to more
We believe in the power of law to solve the most significant challenges and take on the future. Working with us is not just about legal advice. It’s about seeing beyond uncertainty and risk to uncover new opportunities. It’s about harnessing the power of PwC’s global reach, local presence and industry depth to chart a future-ready path to success. We deliver the connected expertise that bridges all aspects of our client’s business— so they can grow and protect it, today and tomorrow.
Our profession is our passion. Going the extra mile is our standard. That’s what we stand for and that’s what we commit ourselves to. Working with PwC Legal Austria means getting the local expertise with the strength of a Global network.
As part of the global PwC network, the international focus is omnipresent. We bring our connected expertise across legal insight, business understanding and technological innovation to bring our client´s future into focus and uncover new opportunities. Our international purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems.
In an increasingly complex world, we help intricate systems function, adapt and evolve so they can benefit communities and society – whether they are capital markets, tax systems or the economic systems within which business and society exist.
Diversity at PwC Legal means bringing together the perspective of individuals of all backgrounds, life experiences, preferences and beliefs to create better outcomes for our clients, our people and our communities. We live a culture of inclusion: An environment where people can be their true selves, sharing their unique perspectives while knowing their contributions are valued.
Why is Inclusion & Diversity so important to us?
Inclusion & Diversity is not only what our clients pay attention to. We also need the best talent to provide the best advice to our clients and talent has no age, no origin and no gender. And finally: Because it is the right thing to do!
Diversity is a business imperative and the enabler of PwC’s international business strategy. Diversity in age, origin, ethnicity or skin color, cultural imprint, mental and physical abilities or sexual identity and orientation. Diversity can be visible, but it can also be expressed in intellectual differences.
We have great initiatives to actively live diversity on a daily basis:
• Part-time models: Individual arrangement of working hours that leaves room for individual needs.
• Flextime: A standard model that meets the individual needs of our part-time and full-time lawyers and other staff members.
• Home office: Independence and flexibility thanks to excellent technical conditions.
• Mentoring program: EWoB – European Women on Board Cooperation of PwC Europe – female young partners, Director Mentoring Program – networking with external women in management positions.
• AUDIT berufundfamilie: A target agreement with measures to reconcile work & private life.
• OPEN MINDS Online: Mandatory training from manager level to prevent unconscious bias.
• WOMEN NETWORK: The network aims to actively promote the exchange between women from the Advisory, Assurance, Tax and Legal service lines in Austria and to support (future) female managers in their development. In particular, organized series of events, including on topics such as women’s leadership, negotiation techniques and much more are brought to the attention of women.
• HeForShe: The UN’s “HeForShe” campaign aims to raise awareness of how much men and women benefit from gender equality and how together they can, both in the workplace and in their private lives, realize their full potential. PwC actively supports the United Nations Gender Equality campaign as an international impact sponsor, and we motivate our male colleagues to get involved in gender equality issues through education and practical action.
• Shine: The business network for everyone who wants to contribute to a diverse and inclusive corporate culture. Shine is committed to a work environment where all employees can be themselves and do not have to hide their identity, including our LGBTIQ+ colleagues.
• DisAbility Talent Program: As a cooperation partner of myAbility (a management consultancy that helps companies leverage the potential of people with disabilities as customers and employees) we support students with disabilities in networking with well-known companies. The program includes career coaching and soft skills training for the talents as well as job shadowing at the partner companies.
• Worldwide networking: An inspiring exchange that goes far beyond national borders and our own law firm.