Advokaadibüroo PricewaterhouseCoopers Legal OÜ > Tallinn, Estonia > Firm Profile
Advokaadibüroo PricewaterhouseCoopers Legal OÜ Offices
PARNU MNT 15
Advokaadibüroo PricewaterhouseCoopers Legal OÜ > The Legal 500 RankingsAdvokaadibüroo PricewaterhouseCoopers Legal OÜ is noted for advising foreign investors moving into the Baltic market on multidisciplinary, multi-jurisdictional banking and finance matters, including regulatory advice, licensing, and general advisory work. Clients often operate in various fintech sectors, including in crypto and blockchain. Head of banking and finance group Viljar Kähari covers areas including regulatory compliance, transactions, risk management, and restructuring and debt collection, while Priit Lätt focuses on the fintech sector. Additionally, new head of financial transactions and capital markets Kirill Ležeiko re-joined the team from supply chain finance group SupplierPlus in August 2021.
Viljar Kähari; Priit Lätt
Other key lawyers:
Karl Paadam; Kirill Ležeiko
‘We appreciate the PWC Legal team for its creativeness and for thinking outside the box. They are determined to find the best solutions for their clients and always keep their promises.’
‘We are grateful for the advice provided, as it has been proven in practice to contribute monetary value to our company. Having extraordinary good overview of the market and its participants, it has been a profitable co-operation.’
‘Due to our business case being very unique, we need the legal firm not only to understand the legal practice, local securities Act, etc., but also able to map our business processes and product processes into the regulation landscape. The PwC legal team led under Viljar Kähari provides such services meeting our requirements.‘
‘PwC Legal is experienced in the financial sector regulatory and compliance and has a services integration with financial, tax, business and other advisory services.‘
PlusPlus Capital AS
Krimelte France Sarl
inHouse Pay AS
Crowd Credit Inc
Dynamics Holdings Ltd
LHV Bank AS
Amir Exchange AS
- Conducted a comprehensive market study for Enterprise Estonia to find out and propose legislative and practical solutions on how non-residents, including foreign investors, can open a bank account in Estonia.
- Acted as a collateral agent and holds PlusPlus Capital AS’ claims against debtors in the amount of more than €45m as collateral.
- Conducted a comprehensive legal analysis for F-TKO of the factoring agreement and related insurance agreement from one of the major banks in Estonia.
Estonian Authors Society
Estonian Association of Phonogram Produces
Gemalto (part of Thales Group)
Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival
Estonian E-Residency team
Rus Street Interactive
Tank Grupp (Tank Creative Agency)
SK ID Solutions
Hanse Digital Access
Krimelte (Wolf Group)
- Represented Gemalto AG in its dispute with the Republic of Estonia related to an e-ID Card supply contract.
- Represented Estonian Authors Society and other nine collective societies (incl. the Estonian Performers Society and the Estonian Association of Phonogram Producers) in a dispute with the Estonian government in relation to the unpaid private copying levies.
- Advised GuardTime on drafting and negotiations of complex contracts with European Space Agency, Estonian Ministry of Interior’s IT and Development Centre (SMIT) and Estonian Central Bank.
Estonia > Tax Tier 3Advokaadibüroo PricewaterhouseCoopers Legal OÜ provides the full range of service to clients regarding structuring, modelling and valuation as well as handling due diligence, the formation of joint ventures and restructuring. Its client base is particularly strong in the fintech sector. Corporate and commercial practice head Indrek Ergma deals primarily with corporate restructuring and shareholder and partner regulation, as well as share and asset-related transactions. Head of M&A Rutt Värk advises both sellers and buyers, as well as investors, on local and cross-border transactions.
Indrek Ergma; Rutt Värk
‘PwC has the capability to include swiftly attorneys from abroad (e.g. from PwC Luxembourg) and from other fields (e.g. tax and finance), which makes co-operation with them very smooth and comfortable.’
‘I would especially like to mention Rutt Värk, who was our main contact person at PwC. She was very business and solution orientated, punctual and a pleasure to work with.‘
‘PwC Legal Estonia seems to have a good touch with their hiring process. There are several attorneys who have been working there for a decade. This gives PwC Legal Estonia highly valued reputation and allows them to maintain long term client relationships.’
‘Indrek Ergma is a highly people-orientated attorney. His hands-on attitude makes him an exceptional contact on all legal related questions we have had.’
‘PwC Legal Estonia provides professional, personalised and quick service. For us, it is very important to have partners who have an international reach.’
‘Indrek Ergma knows about our business specialities and can provide a bespoke service. As a main contact person he is always available for us, also sometimes after working hours.’
KMW Beteiligung GmbH
Hobby Hall Group OÜ
Stell Eesti AS
Niemi Sofa OÜ
Volati Handel AB
Bellone Holding OÜ
ID Süsteemide OÜ
- Advised the owners of Tradehouse on a major deal by which the investment fund, BaltCap Growth Fund, became a majority shareholder in the company.
- Advised Hobby Hall Group OÜ and its owners on a deal whereby Mid Europa Partners acquired UAB Pigu and Hobby Hall Group OÜ.
- Advised German defence company KMW on acquiring a minority stake in Estonia’s Milrem Robotics.
Estonia > Dispute resolution Tier 4Advokaadibüroo PricewaterhouseCoopers Legal OÜ represents international clients in white-collar crime defence, tax disputes, and public procurement litigation. It historically has also represented clients in real estate, constitutional, and restructuring-related disputes. Commercial litigator and practice co-head Indrek Leppik and public law team leader Indrek Kukk specialise in complex arbitration for international clients. Practice co-head and tax litigation team leader Priit Lätt also covers IT/IP disputes.
Idrek Leppik; Priit Lätt
Other key lawyers:
‘Excellent knowledge and argumentation skills in the dispute areas, great negotiators and help in drawing up specific contract clauses.’
‘PwC Legal’s dispute resolution practice is very different from other law firms due to its interdisciplinary and strategic approach, combining the best knowledge and practice from different areas of law and other service lines. Such an approach is a prerequisite for solving even the most complex legal matters.’
‘Indrek Kukk has extensive experience in resolving disputes concerning both public law and civil law. Such diverse experience is particularly valuable in matters of state liability. Thanks to his experience in various areas of law, Indrek helped us resolve a complex legal dispute related to tax law and insolvency law.’
Aktsiaselts Eesti Raudtee
Bank Saint Petersburg
AS Go Group
AS Lääne-Tallinna Keskhaigla
Väinamere Liinid OÜ
OÜ Astlanda Ehitus
Gemalto AG (Thales Group)
- Represented Gemalto AG (now part of Thales Group) in a dispute with the Police and Border Guard Board over a potential security vulnerability identified in the electronic identity cards produced by Gemalto.
- Successfully represented a private client in a high profile white-collar crime case
- Represented Väinamere Liinid in a state liability case against the Estonian Government with a claim of €2m.
‘Karin Marosov is very professional.’
‘PwC’s team has wide knowledge of the real estate industry and is working with different clients in the field. Such vast experience and possibility to see different aspects of the business gives them a unique understanding of different legal aspects and has proven very useful several times during our cooperation.’
‘The people at PwC are very knowledgeable and very well connected in the community as well as the society at large. Whenever something needs to be discussed or negotiated, there is a high probability that at least one of the team members can give a certain person they directly know a call and thereby solve the situation relatively quickly.’
‘Karin Marosov takes initiative and puts the client’s interest at the front of everything else. She has the highest skillset in her field of expertise (construction and contract law) that I have seen in my professional career working in the construction industry.’
‘The team is always there for us, even if our request for advice is very urgent. We specifically enjoy that PwC Legal has top specialist sin public procurement and construction, which has been of great value when we need advice on interpreting, amending or disputing the provisions of construction agreements concluded as a result of public procurement.’
‘We have lately been working with Karin Marosov regarding one very large construction agreement. We felt very much taken care of with her advice and easily understandable explanations on very difficult topics. I was very impressed by how she invested time on understanding all the technical details of the object of the agreement and thereafter gave practical advice taking into account the business needs and objectives of the company. She truly is a lawyer who is oriented to fixing the problem and not creating unnecessary legal disputes.’
‘It is most convenient to receive legal and tax advice for my real estate issues from one place. I also appreciate their capabilities in the Baltics, where I have needed their help.’
Aktsiaselts Eesti Raudtee
Salma Baltic Apartments OÜ
Energiaturu Võrguehitus OÜ
Espak Ehitustööd OÜ
Stell Eesti AS
Helland Baltic OÜ
- Represented Aktsiaselts Eesti Raudtee (Estonian Railways) in a dispute with Finland-based rail traffic safety provider, Mipro OY over a global public procurement contract for the renovation of the signalling systems for nearly 80km of railway track. The contact had a value of €16.5m.
- Represented Linnakodu OÜ in negotiations and purchase of approximately 700 residential apartments.
- Advised Corle OÜ on drafting a complex construction agreement for establishing a high-speed internet connection to 1,747 addresses with a state subsidy of €2.5m.
Advokaadibüroo PricewaterhouseCoopers Legal OÜ > Firm Profile
PwC Legal network includes more than 4,000 legal practitioners in 100+ countries all over the world – in terms of its geographical dimension it is the world’s largest law firm.
Although PwC Legal offers a full range of legal services, we focus on Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate, Employment, Real Estate, Insurance, Banking and Finance and Restructuring law.
Our lawyers combine legal expertise with a practical business approach based on our international experience.
What makes us special?
- Genuinely global: more than 4,000 legal practitioners in 100+ countries all over the world – in terms of its geographical dimension it is the world’s largest law firm. We work daily with global clients who have business activities in multiple countries, so we provide a truly ”one-stop-shop” solution for their needs.
- Close cooperation with our Advisory, Tax and Audit experts. Through our network and interdisciplinary approach, we are able to provide solutions that are remarkably wider than the traditional legal advice. We have unrival experience in managing large-scale projects across business sectors and jurisdictions.
- A future law firm: the core in building a future law firm is the ability to fully understand and offer solutions that correlate to the needs of technology companies. Here at PwC we are also developing an entirely new level of technological solutions in legal service.
- Dream employer: we sincerely believe that the key to offering best client service is keeping our people happy and motivated.
|Managing Partner of PwC Legal Estonia / Head of Real Estate, Construction Law and Transactions||Karin Marosovemail@example.com||+372 518 9852|
|Partner / Head of Banking & Finance||Viljar Käharifirstname.lastname@example.org||+372 508 4777|
|Partner / Head of Litigation||Indrek Leppikemail@example.com||+372 5621 0872|
|Partner responsible for the fields of IP/IT, tax disputes and public procurement||Priit Lättfirstname.lastname@example.org||+372 511 9628|
|Partner / Attorney-at-Law Head of Corporate and Employment||Indrek Ergmaemail@example.com||+372 529 4580|
|Attorney-at-law / Head of Public & Regulatory Law||Indrek Kukkfirstname.lastname@example.org||+372 520 6097|
|Attorney-at-law / Head of Public Procurement||Erki Felsemail@example.com||+372 5349 3777|
|Attorney-at-Law / Energy, Environmental||Imbi Jürgenfirstname.lastname@example.org||+372 529 5932|
|Attorney-at-Law / Corporate, M&A||Karen Rootemail@example.com||+372 513 9003|
|Indrek Ergma||Indrek Ergma, attorney-at-law, heads the Corporate and Employment practice at PwC Legal…||View Profile|
|Erki Fels||Attorney-at-Law Erki Fels has successfully participated in several public procurement disputes that…||View Profile|
|Imbi Jürgen||Attorney-at-law Imbi Jürgen is a recognised specialist with long-term experiences with a focus…||View Profile|
|Viljar Kähari||Viljar Kähari is a co-founder of PwC Legal Estonia with 22 years…||View Profile|
|Ingeri-Helena Kakko||Ingeri-Helena Kakko is an associate at PwC Legal Estonia specialising in real…||View Profile|
|Mari Kelve-Liivsoo||Mari Kelve-Liivsoo is an associate with PwC’s litigation and public procurement team. She…||View Profile|
|Indrek Kukk||Attorney-at-Law Indrek Kukk is Head of Public and Regulatory Law at PwC…||View Profile|
|Priit Lätt||Attorney-at-Law Priit Lätt is a Partner at PwC Legal Eesti responsible for…||View Profile|
|Indrek Leppik||Indrek Leppik, Attorney-at-Law, heads up the litigation team at PwC Legal Estonia.…||View Profile|
|Kirill Ležeiko||Kirill is Head of Financial Transactions and Capital Markets at Advokaadibüroo PricewaterhouseCoopers…||View Profile|
|Kristjan Mägi||Attorney-at-Law Kristjan Mägi is focused on dispute resolution, including both litigation and…||View Profile|
|Karin Marosov||Karin Marosov is the Managing Partner of PwC Legal Estonia. She also…||View Profile|
|Karen Root||Karen Root is an attorney-at-law whose main areas of expertise involve corporate…||View Profile|
|Simon Suuban||Simon Suuban is an associate in the litigation team at PwC Legal…||View Profile|
A new management team to deploy the “PwC Legal 2025” strategy: Catherine Baflast becomes managing partner as of October 1, 202123rd September 2021 At the end of her mandate at the head of PwC Legal, the time has come for Cindy Arces to hand over the reins to Catherine Baflast, who will become managing partner as of October 1, 2021. This succession and change in governance has been prepared for several months.
Poland: Alternative Investment Funds
Published: September 2022
Authors: Wojciech Trzciński Filip Brach Łukasz Łyczko Michalina Wojacka
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Alternative Investment Funds laws and regulations that may occur in Poland.
Published: October 2022
Authors: Kirill Ležeiko Rainer Urmas Maine
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Fintech laws and regulations that may occur in Estonia.