Mrs Eva Olesen > Viltoft > Copenhagen, Denmark > Lawyer Profile
1123 COPENHAGEN K
- Go to...
Mrs Eva Olesen
Specialist areas: Dispute resolution, construction and public procurement.
Eva Olesen is part of the VILTOFT team of procurement specialists and has more than six years’ practical experience in procurement law.
Eva mainly advises public authorities and private enterprises on all aspects of procurement, ranging from advice on the choice of tender type and strategy, advice on the organisation of the tendering process,
preparation of tender documents and the conduct of negotiations to assistance in addressing critical issues in relation to the tender procedure and the handling of complaints.
Eva often works closely with the contracting party or acts as an adviser to the client adviser, being a key sounding board for all parties involved and ensuring a successful tendering procedure.
In addition, Eva advises both public and private clients on all aspects of construction law, especially in cases concerning technical consultancy. She has participated in the preparation and conduct of several arbitral proceedings in that field.
Eva has advised clients on matters including:
- call for tenders for the construction of new sustainable housing for CIVICA, Department 055
- call for tenders for operation and maintenance of Metro lines M1 and M2 in the period from 1 January 2019 to 31 December 2024 (contract value: DKK 2bn)
- call for tenders for the Metro to Nordhavn project for the Copenhagen Metro (contract value: DKK 2.2bn)
- preparation of social clauses for inclusion in the call for tenders for the Copenhagen City Ring Line
- call for tenders for Odense Tramway for the City of Odense (contract value: DKK 2.5bn)
- call for tenders for demolition of high-rise buildings contaminated with PCBs and asbestos in Brøndby Strand (contract value: DKK 200m)
- call for tenders for the first stage of a new university hospital in Køge (contract value: DKK 2.2bn)
In addition, Eva has been involved in a number of arbitral proceedings and in complaint cases brought
before the Complaints Board for Public Procurement regarding:
- design and supervision liability of technical consultants, including a case concerning the liability of Lundgaard & Tranberg Architects as lead consultant on the Louiselund Care Centre and Senior
- call for tenders for Bio4 project for HOFOR – Greater Copenhagen Utility
- call for tenders for Odense Tramway for the City of Odense
2019- Junior partner, VILTOFT
2013-2019 Assistant attorney and attorney, VILTOFT
Eva speaks the Scandinavian languages and English.
Member of the Danish Society for Construction and Consulting Law, the Danish Association for Procurement Law, the Danish Arbitration Association and Young Arbitrators Copenhagen (YAC).
2012 Master of Laws (LL.M.), Aarhus University
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Displaying an ‘in-depth knowledge of the construction sector’, Viltoft fields experts in the drafting and negotiation of construction contracts concerning large project developments, construction-related procurement work, and high-stakes construction disputes. Acting for a range of public institutions, construction companies, engineers, technical consultants and contractors, the group is jointly led by Peter Fauerholdt Thommesen, Henrik Hauge Andersen and Steen Hellmann. Michael Gjedde-Nielsen has substantial experience in contentious matters and Eva Olesen handles procurement mandates, while newly promoted partner Morten Ruben Brage specialises in environmental and planning issues.
Leveraging the firm’s wide-ranging construction sector capacities, boutique firm Viltoft specialises in tender projects and procurements concerning public-private partnerships and urban development projects. With experience across the public and private sectors, the group is jointly headed up by Eva Olesen and the ‘service-minded, solution-oriented’ Peter Fauerholdt Thommesen, who are both well versed in tender processes, contract drafting, disputes and complaints procedures before the Danish Complaints Board for Public Procurement.