Mrs Eva Olesen > Viltoft > Copenhagen, Denmark > Lawyer Profile
1123 COPENHAGEN K
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Mrs Eva Olesen
Specialist areas: Dispute resolution, construction and public procurement.
Eva Olesen is part of the VILTOFT team of procurement specialists and has more than nine years’ practical experience in procurement law.
Eva mainly advises public authorities and private enterprises on all aspects of procurement, ranging from advice on the choice of tender type and strategy, advice on the organisation of the tendering process, preparation of tender documents and the conduct of negotiations to assistance in addressing critical issues in relation to the tender procedure and the handling of complaints.
Eva often works closely with the contracting party or acts as an adviser to the client adviser, being a key sounding board for all parties involved and ensuring a successful tendering procedure.
In addition, Eva advises both public and private clients on all aspects of construction law, especially in cases concerning technical consultancy. She has participated in the preparation and conduct of several arbitral proceedings in that field.
Eva has advised clients on matters including:
- call for tenders for the construction of new sustainable housing for CIVICA, Department 055
- call for tenders for operation and maintenance of Metro lines M1 and M2 in the period from 1 January 2019 to 31 December 2024 (contract value: DKK 2bn)
- call for tenders for the Metro to Nordhavn project for the Copenhagen Metro (contract value: DKK 2.2bn)
- preparation of social clauses for inclusion in the call for tenders for the Copenhagen City Ring Line
- call for tenders for Odense Tramway for the City of Odense (contract value: DKK 2.5bn)
- call for tenders for demolition of high-rise buildings contaminated with PCBs and asbestos in Brøndby Strand (contract value: DKK 200m)
- call for tenders for the first stage of a new university hospital in Køge (contract value: DKK 2.2bn)
In addition, Eva has been involved in a number of arbitral proceedings and in complaint cases brought before the Complaints Board for Public Procurement regarding:
- design and supervision liability of technical consultants, including a case concerning the liability of Lundgaard & Tranberg Architects as lead consultant on the Louiselund Care Centre and Senior Housing project
- call for tenders for Bio4 project for HOFOR – Greater Copenhagen Utility
- call for tenders for Odense Tramway for the City of Odense
Partner, VILTOFT, 2022-
Junior partner, VILTOFT, 2019-2022
Attorney, VILTOFT, 2016-2019
Assistant attorney, VILTOFT, 2013-2016
Eva speaks the Scandinavian languages and English.
Member of the Danish Bar Association’s Climate Committee (2023-)
the Danish Society for Construction and Consulting Law,
the Danish Association for Procurement Law,
the Danish Arbitration Association and
Young Arbitrators Copenhagen (YAC).
Master of Laws (LL.M.), Aarhus University, 2012
Denmark > EU, competition and public procurement
Boutique firm Viltoft houses a team of ‘experts with broad knowledge‘, who dispense advice to a varied client roster of non-profit housing providers, public construction companies and utility companies. Peter Fauerholdt Thommesen leads the public procurement team alongside Eva Olesen. Thommesen has broad experience in public procurement mandates, particularly issues relating to large-scale projects. Olesen often advises public housing companies and energy companies on their participation in tenders.
Denmark > Real estate and construction(Next Generation Partners)
The ‘outstanding, professional, and skilled‘ group at Viltoft often represents building owners, technical consultants and contractors in disputes, and is known for its expertise in handling transport-related construction mandates. Peter Fauerholdt Thommesen and Henrik Hauge Andersen jointly lead the practice; Thommesen uses his ‘high standard of knowledge‘ to advise on PPP urban development projects and construction management work, Andersen has substantial contentious expertise, often acting for municipalities in disputes; and Hellmann assists property developers and real estate proprietors with professional negligence cases and construction projects. Morten Ruben Brage regularly advises on public procurement and real estate construction transactions, while Eva Olesen, who was promoted to the partnership in March 2022, has key knowledge of procurement contracts and disputes concerning delays and disruption to construction works. Steen Hellmann departed to Gorrissen Federspiel in 2023.