Mr Henrik Hauge Andersen > Viltoft > Copenhagen, Denmark > Lawyer Profile
1123 COPENHAGEN K
- Go to...
Mr Henrik Hauge Andersen
Specialist areas: Construction, public procurement and dispute resolution.
Since the mid-1990s Henrik Hauge Andersen has primarily provided legal advice in the fields of construction and procurement law with a special focus on the building and construction industry. Henrik represents all types of parties in building and construction: mainly construction clients and consultants, but frequently also contractors. Henrik’s regular clients include a number of local authorities in Denmark, several social housing associations, architectural and engineering firms, a handful of small and large construction companies and several Danish insurance companies, which he advises on matters relating to construction contracts.
Henrik has extensive litigation and negotiation experience from several large-scale court and arbitration
proceedings in the field of construction law, in particular proceedings relating to the Copenhagen Metro
project. He has also conducted cases for local authorities and social housing associations and has provided legal advice in relation to major company headquarters development projects, insurance disputes and all aspects of the legal position of consultants. However, Henrik’s main focus is on swift, efficient dispute resolution through negotiation, including mediation and conciliation. Henrik also has a great deal of public law experience, especially in the fields of planning law, expropriation law and administrative law.
In Legal 500 it is stated that “… practice head Henrik Hauge Andersen is also highly skilled in construction disputes…”, and in Chambers Europe Henrik is highlighted for “… his increasing visibility in the market. A client reports that he has “an in-depth understanding of the construction industry, as well as the commercial aspects of the cases.”
Together with Insight Events, Henrik has organised the leading conference on construction law, Legal Challenges in Building and Construction, since 2012. He is also a member of the board of the Danish Society for Construction and Consulting Law.
For construction clients:
- call for tenders, contracting and regular advice in relation to a new municipal administration centre in Vordingborg (public-private partnership)
- arbitration concerning cobblestone paving of a road in Stevns Municipality
- call for tenders, contracting and regular advice in relation to renovation of the Hoejbjerg Vaenge social housing estate in Herlev
- arbitration, expert appraisal and regular advice in relation to the Arctic Ring and the flamingo
enclosure in Copenhagen Zoo
- litigation concerning public-sector client’s liability in connection with a fire in the Jyllingehallerne sports facility during municipal ESCO renovation
- assistance regarding the preparation of tender for the lead consultancy contract in relation to the construction of a new Storstroem Bridge
- negotiations on redesign, additional fees and the division of joint venture in relation to the New Odense University Hospital (OUH)
- fee negotiation in relation to extended construction period for a new acute care hospital in Goedstrup (DNV)
- arbitral proceedings concerning consultant liability in relation to the construction of a motorway around Silkeborg
- litigation and mediation concerning actionable errors committed by a Danish architectural firm in relation to the design of a school and a national swimming pool facility in Bergen, Norway
- arbitral proceedings concerning consultant liability in relation to Novo Nordisk headquarters settled during the exchange of pleadings
- expert appraisal concerning protection of an educational facility in the Nørrebro district of Copenhagen against torrential downpours
- regular advice to the cost-plus contractor in charge of the construction of a Facebook data centre in Odense, particularly concerning contracting and dispute resolution
- litigation on behalf of a lead contractor in a case concerning structural design errors in three building projects in Carlsberg City
- regular advice and preparation of final account for airside building at Copenhagen Airport, settled through negotiation
- arbitral proceedings concerning termination of surfacing contract in relation to commercial building project in Albertslund
Henrik is the co-author (with Michael Gjedde-Nielsen et al.) of “ABR 18: General Conditions for Consulting Services”, Karnov Group, 1st edition, 2021
2009- Partner, VILTOFT
2000-2009 Attorney, VILTOFT
2000 Admitted to the Supreme Court
1997-1999 Attorney, Philip & Partnere
1995 Admitted to the High Court
1995 Admitted to the Danish Bar
1992-1996 Assistant attorney and attorney, Kammeradvokaten
Henrik speaks the Scandinavian languages and English.
Member of the board of directors of the Danish Society for Construction and Consulting Law (since 2019)
Member of the Danish Association for Procurement Law
1992 Master of Laws (LL.M.), University of Copenhagen
Displaying an ‘in-depth knowledge of the construction sector’, Viltoft fields experts in the drafting and negotiation of construction contracts concerning large project developments, construction-related procurement work, and high-stakes construction disputes. Acting for a range of public institutions, construction companies, engineers, technical consultants and contractors, the group is jointly led by Peter Fauerholdt Thommesen, Henrik Hauge Andersen and Steen Hellmann. Michael Gjedde-Nielsen has substantial experience in contentious matters and Eva Olesen handles procurement mandates, while newly promoted partner Morten Ruben Brage specialises in environmental and planning issues.
Praised for its ‘very deep understanding of the building industry and contracting law’, Viltoft specialises in construction, real estate and public procurement-related disputes including complex arbitration proceedings. Jointly led by Steen Hellmann and Peter Fauerholdt Thommesen, the team regularly acts for clients in high-profile cases concerning large-scale construction, infrastructure and energy projects. Henrik Hauge Andersen frequently handles procurement mandates, while Michael Gjedde-Nielsen is noted for his track record in construction disputes. Other areas of focus include corporate, shareholder and commercial litigation and employment-related claims.