Mr Henrik Hauge Andersen > Viltoft > Copenhagen, Denmark > Lawyer Profile
1123 COPENHAGEN K
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Mr Henrik Hauge Andersen
Specialist areas: Construction, public procurement and dispute resolution.
Since the mid-1990s Henrik Hauge Andersen has primarily provided legal advice in the fields of construction and procurement law with a special focus on the building and construction industry. Henrik represents all types of parties in building and construction: mainly construction clients and consultants, but frequently also contractors. Henrik’s regular clients include a number of local authorities in Denmark, several social housing associations, architectural and engineering firms, a handful of small and large construction companies and several Danish insurance companies, which he advises on matters relating to construction contracts.
Henrik has extensive litigation and negotiation experience from several large-scale court and arbitration proceedings in the field of construction law, in particular proceedings relating to the Copenhagen Metro project. He has also conducted cases for local authorities and social housing associations and has provided legal advice in relation to major company headquarters development projects, insurance disputes and all aspects of the legal position of consultants. However, Henrik’s main focus is on swift, efficient dispute resolution through negotiation, including mediation and conciliation. Henrik also has a great deal of public law experience, especially in the fields of planning law, expropriation law and administrative law.
Together with Insight Events, Henrik has organised the leading conference on construction law, Legal Challenges in Building and Construction, since 2012. He is also a member of the board of the Danish Society for Construction and Consulting Law.
For construction clients:
- call for tenders, contracting and regular advice in relation to a new municipal administration centre in Vordingborg (public-private partnership)
- arbitration concerning cobblestone paving of a road in Stevns Municipality
- call for tenders, contracting and regular advice in relation to renovation of the Hoejbjerg Vaenge social housing estate in Herlev
- arbitration, expert appraisal and regular advice in relation to the Arctic Ring and the flamingo enclosure in Copenhagen Zoo
- litigation concerning public-sector client’s liability in connection with a fire in the Jyllingehallerne sports facility during municipal ESCO renovation
- assistance regarding the preparation of tender for the lead consultancy contract in relation to the construction of a new Storstroem Bridge
- negotiations on redesign, additional fees and the division of joint venture in relation to the New Odense University Hospital (OUH)
- fee negotiation in relation to extended construction period for a new acute care hospital in Goedstrup (DNV)
- arbitral proceedings concerning consultant liability in relation to the construction of a motorway around Silkeborg
- litigation and mediation concerning actionable errors committed by a Danish architectural firm in relation to the design of a school and a national swimming pool facility in Bergen, Norway
- arbitral proceedings concerning consultant liability in relation to Novo Nordisk headquarters settled during the exchange of pleadings
- expert appraisal concerning protection of an educational facility in the Nørrebro district of Copenhagen against torrential downpours
- regular advice to the cost-plus contractor in charge of the construction of a Facebook data centre in Odense, particularly concerning contracting and dispute resolution
- litigation on behalf of a lead contractor in a case concerning structural design errors in three building projects in Carlsberg City
- regular advice and preparation of final account for airside building at Copenhagen Airport, settled through negotiation
- arbitral proceedings concerning termination of surfacing contract in relation to commercial building project in Albertslund
Henrik is the co-author (with Michael Gjedde-Nielsen et al.) of “ABR 18: General Conditions for Consulting Services”, Karnov Group, 1st edition, 2021.
Partner, VILTOFT, 2009-
Attorney, VILTOFT, 2000-2009
Admitted to the Supreme Court, 2000
Attorney, Philip & Partnere, 1997-1999
Admitted to the High Court, 1995
Admitted to the Danish Bar, 1995
Assistant attorney and attorney, Kammeradvokaten, 1992-1996
Henrik speaks the Scandinavian languages and English.
Member of the board of directors of the Danish Society for Construction and Consulting Law (since 2019)
Member of the Danish Association for Procurement Law
Master of Laws (LL.M.), University of Copenhagen, 1992
Denmark > Real estate and construction
The ‘outstanding, professional, and skilled‘ group at Viltoft often represents building owners, technical consultants and contractors in disputes, and is known for its expertise in handling transport-related construction mandates. Peter Fauerholdt Thommesen and Henrik Hauge Andersen jointly lead the practice; Thommesen uses his ‘high standard of knowledge‘ to advise on PPP urban development projects and construction management work, Andersen has substantial contentious expertise, often acting for municipalities in disputes; and Hellmann assists property developers and real estate proprietors with professional negligence cases and construction projects. Morten Ruben Brage regularly advises on public procurement and real estate construction transactions, while Eva Olesen, who was promoted to the partnership in March 2022, has key knowledge of procurement contracts and disputes concerning delays and disruption to construction works. Steen Hellmann departed to Gorrissen Federspiel in 2023.
Denmark > Dispute resolution
Specialist construction and real estate boutique firm Viltoft houses a skilled team, which frequently represents public sector employers, insurance companies, contractors, and technical advisers in construction disputes involving delay and defect claims. ‘Stand-out partner’ Peter Fauerholdt Thommesen heads up the practice following Steen Hellmann‘s departure to Gorrissen Federspiel. Henrik Hauge Andersen often represents consultants in construction-related disputes, while Morten Ruben Brage regularly appears before the Commercial High Court and the Danish Building and Construction Arbitration Board on behalf of subcontractors.