Ms Marijn (M.E.) Kingma > Höcker Advocaten > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Höcker Advocaten Offices
APOLLOLAAN 153 1077 AS Amsterdam
PO BOX 74654
1070 BR AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Ms Marijn (M.E.) Kingma
IP & IT, Media & Marketing, Public Interest and Class actions
Partner since 1 January 2019. Practice areas: Intellectual Property, Information Technology, Media & Marketing, Data Protection, Litigation. Marijn is an incisive attorney with a wide range of interests. She enjoys getting stuck into intricate cases and takes a particular interest in matters of Public Interest, but she also enjoys pulling out all the stops during negotiations or in interim relief proceedings. She represents a wide range of clients that includes collective management organisations, software developers, international entertainment companies and NGOs.
Marijn joined Höcker Advocaten and was admitted to the bar in 2013. Before that, she was a clerk for the Discrict Court of Amsterdam. She has been involved in the firm as a partner since 2019 and is Head of the Media and Entertainment department.
English, Dutch, French
- Member of the Dutch Bar Association
- Member of the editorial board of the legal-scientific journal Copyright
- Member of the Copyright Committee (Advisory Board to the Ministry of Justice and Security)
- Member of the Executive Committee of the International Association of Entertainment Lawyers (IAEL), co-editor of the book “Nationalism v Globalism” (IAEL 2021/2020)
- Member of the Dutch Copyright Association (VvA)
- Member of the Association for Liability and Compensation Law (VASR)
- Member of the Intellectual Property Lawyers Association (VIEPA)
- Co-author of Intellectual Property, Article-by-Story Commentary (IE-C)
- Board member of the National Archaeology Days Foundation
University of Amsterdam and Columbia Law School
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners) (Next Generation Partners)
- Next Generation Partners Netherlands > Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Next Generation Partners Netherlands > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights