Jon Andersen > Advokatfirmaet Ræder AS > Oslo, Norway > Lawyer Profile
Advokatfirmaet Ræder AS Offices
DRONNING EUPHEMIAS GATE 11
PO BOX 2944 - SOLLI
- Go to...
Insurance. Maritime law
Jon represents a number of large insurance companies and businesses, Norwegian and international, and has extensive experience as advisor in his areas of expertise. He is also regularly appointed as an arbitrator.
Jon Andersen is ranked as one of Norway’s most prominent shipping experts in Chambers Europe, Legal 500 and in Finansavisen’s annual survey and ranking of Norwegian attorneys.
- 2008 – Partner, Advokatfirmaet Ræder
- 2004 – 2007Attorney and senior attorney, Advokatfirma Wiersholm, Mellbye & Bech
- 2000 – 2004Attorney, Advokatfirma Lind Stabell Horten (DLA Nordic)
- 1999 – 2000Deputy Judge Holt Registry Office
- 1995 – 1999Associate and attorney, Advokatfirma Sander, Truyen & Co
- 2011 Attorney admitted to appear before the Supreme Court
- 1997 Licence to practice law
- 1995 Cand. Jur., University of Oslo
Advokatfirmaet Ræder AS’ insurance team advises a wide range of domestic and international insurance companies on mandates spanning the shipping, transport, electronics, and real estate industries. The firm has a core focus on maritime and cargo insurance, as well as professional liability claims. The team is led by Jon Andersen, who has unique expertise in advising on fish farming insurance and transaction insurance matters; other key names include product liability specialist Kyrre Kielland, Joar Heide, who acts in professional liability claims, and Kristian Østberg, who handles maritime insurance work.
The ‘professional’ and ‘experienced team’ at Advokatfirmaet Ræder AS excels in handling cargo-related matters. Trusted by many for handling collision, anchor damage and salvage claims, groundings and other marine insurance matters, the team has an expert maritime litigation and dispute resolution practice. The practice, which is praised for its ‘positive contribution to the industry’, is led by Kristian Østberg. Jon Andersen and Hanne Wessel-Aas are also key individuals in the team.