Mr Kristian Østberg > Advokatfirmaet Ræder AS > Oslo, Norway > Lawyer Profile
Advokatfirmaet Ræder AS Offices
DRONNING EUPHEMIAS GATE 11
PO BOX 2944 - SOLLI
- Go to...
Mr Kristian Østberg
Maritime law, Insurance
He has extensive experience with negotiation, conflict resolution and advice within his areas of expertise as well as with general business law, often in the context of international transactions and projects.
Before joining Ræder, Kristian worked as an in-house lawyer and general counsel in leading industrial companies, as well as in private practices in Oslo.
- 2021 Partner, Advokatfirmaet Ræder AS
- 2015 – 2020 Senior Attorney, Advokatfirmaet Ræder AS
- 2011 – 2015 General Counsel, Agrinos AS
- 2009 – 2011 General counsel, STX Europe AS / STX OSV AS
- 2001 – 2009 Attorney with the Law dpt., Norsk Hydro ASA
- 1997 – 2001 Associate & attorney, Vogt & Co (Simonsen Vogt Wiig)
- 1996 – 1998 Secretary, the Foundations Law Committee (Stiftelseslovutvalget)
- 1994 – 1995 Research assistant, Scandinavian Institute of Maritime Law
- 2000 Licence to practice law
- 1997 Cand. Jur., University of Oslo
Advokatfirmaet Ræder AS’ insurance team advises a wide range of domestic and international insurance companies on mandates spanning the shipping, transport, electronics, and real estate industries. The firm has a core focus on maritime and cargo insurance, as well as professional liability claims. The team is led by Jon Andersen, who has unique expertise in advising on fish farming insurance and transaction insurance matters; other key names include product liability specialist Kyrre Kielland, Joar Heide, who acts in professional liability claims, and Kristian Østberg, who handles maritime insurance work.
The ‘professional’ and ‘experienced team’ at Advokatfirmaet Ræder AS excels in handling cargo-related matters. Trusted by many for handling collision, anchor damage and salvage claims, groundings and other marine insurance matters, the team has an expert maritime litigation and dispute resolution practice. The practice, which is praised for its ‘positive contribution to the industry’, is led by Kristian Østberg. Jon Andersen and Hanne Wessel-Aas are also key individuals in the team.