Mr Michael Kennedy > ByrneWallace LLP > Dublin, Ireland > Lawyer Profile
ByrneWallace LLP Offices
88 Harcourt Street
- Go to...
Mr Michael Kennedy
Head of Employment Law
Michael has specialised in employment law for nearly 35 years and is consistently ranked as one of Ireland’s top employment lawyers.
He was Chairman of the Law Society’s Employment and Equality Committee from 2010 to 2012 and is the former Secretary of the Irish Society for Labour Law and a former member of the Executive Committee of the Employment Law Association of Ireland.
When Law Awards were introduced in Ireland in 2012, Michael was named as Ireland’s first Employment Lawyer of the Year.
He is Co-author of the Law Society’s Employment Law Manual (published by Oxford University Press 2011) and subsequently authored the Law School’s text on Transfer of Undertakings Law (or “TUPE”, to use the UK acronym).
He has acted in landmark cases across the broad spectrum of employment law. He represented the Plaintiff in Ireland’s first ever “age” case under the Unfair Dismissals Acts and acted in leading cases on wrongful dismissal, injunctive relief in dismissal cases, vicarious liability of employers under equality law and the limitations of trade union protections under Industrial Relations law.
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- Law Society of Ireland
- Chairman of the Law Society’s Employment and Equality Committee
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Employment Law Association of Ireland
- former Secretary of the Irish Society for Labour Law
- Bachelor of Civil Law, University College Dublin,1982
- Qualified Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland,1987
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Insolvency and corporate restructuring
- Projects and PPP
- White-collar crime
- Capital markets
- Data privacy and data protection
- Energy and natural resources
- Information technology
- Media and entertainment
- Intellectual property