Ms Valerie Hourigan > ByrneWallace LLP > Dublin, Ireland > Lawyer Profile
ByrneWallace LLP Offices
88 Harcourt Street
- Go to...
Ms Valerie Hourigan
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Partner, Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Valerie is a partner in the ByrneWallace Litigation and Dispute Resolution team and advises on all areas of commercial litigation.
With a background in property transactional work, Valerie has an in-depth understanding of the contentious issues that arise in property matters and, in particular, has extensive experience in property, landlord and tenant and planning litigation. Valerie also has expertise advising on media law, including defamation, and professional negligence. Her experience includes injunctions and judicial review. Valerie also advises and represents clients in alternative dispute resolution including arbitration and mediation.
- Law Society of Ireland
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association Law
- Commercial Litigation Association of Ireland
- Bachelor of Civil Law (BCL), University College Dublin,1999
- Diploma in European Studies, L’Universite de Sciences Sociales, Toulouse, 1998
- Qualified as a Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland, 2003
- Diploma in Commercial Property, Law Society of Ireland, 2006
ByrneWallace LLP remains best known for contentious matters involving public sector bodies, including those in the health, education and tourism sectors. Jon Legorburu leads the team and has an impressive history in commercial litigation and public sector disputes. Mona Costelloe is another senior name with extensive expertise in real estate disputes, regulatory enforcement matters and more general commercial litigation. Sean O’Donnell is also noted for contentious regulatory work, and Mark O’Shaughnessy is a growing force in the market. Valerie Hourigan is rated for real estate and procurement disputes.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Insolvency and corporate restructuring
- Projects and PPP
- White-collar crime
- Capital markets
- Data privacy and data protection
- Energy and natural resources
- Information technology
- Media and entertainment
- Intellectual property