Mr Darren Daly > ByrneWallace LLP > Dublin, Ireland > Lawyer Profile
ByrneWallace LLP Offices
88 Harcourt Street
- Go to...
Mr Darren Daly
Partner, Corporate and Head of Technology Group
Darren is a partner in the ByrneWallace Corporate Team and heads up the ByrneWallace Technology Group.
Darren advises a broad range of technology and digital media companies on both general corporate law matters and also on intellectual property, ICT, e-commerce, cloud computing and data protection issues. Darren particularly focuses on advising technology companies on company formations, intellectual property protection and grant funding, seed and growth stage fundraisings, mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, and general commercial contracts such as agency and distribution arrangements, franchising and outsourcing agreements.
Darren also has extensive experience in advising clients on specialist intellectual property matters (primarily copyright, patents, trademarks and designs), ICT (including software development and licensing), the legal aspects of e-commerce and online trading (including SaaS and cloud computing issues), Web2.0 and social media legal issues.
Darren is recommended in several publications as a leading lawyer in the intellectual property and ICT sectors.
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- Law Society of Ireland
- Irish Internet Association
- Irish Computer Society
- Member of the Technology and Website Committee of the Dublin Solicitors Bar Association Board
- Member – Ireland Canada Business Association
- Bachelor Business Studies, Trinity College Dublin, 1994
- Diploma Legal Studies, Dublin Institute of Technology, 1995
- Qualified as a solicitor in Ireland, 2000
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in England and Wales
ByrneWallace LLP is regularly instructed by clients in intellectual property litigation, including passing-off and trade mark infringement claims. The practice also specialises in advising companies in the pharmaceutical sector on IP matters, such as licensing and research and collaboration agreements. Colin Sainsbury leads in this area and also heads the firm’s life sciences practice. Darren Daly advises on IP issues in other sectors including hospitality, retail and education, while Mark O’Shaughnessy handles contentious matters.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Insolvency and corporate restructuring
- Projects and PPP
- White-collar crime
- Capital markets
- Data privacy and data protection
- Energy and natural resources
- Information technology
- Media and entertainment
- Intellectual property