Mr Mark Kavanagh > ByrneWallace LLP > Dublin, Ireland > Lawyer Profile
ByrneWallace LLP Offices
88 Harcourt Street
- Go to...
Mr Mark Kavanagh
Banking and Finance
Head of Banking and Finance
Mark is partner and Head of the ByrneWallace LLP Banking and Finance team.
Mark has acted for many years for a wide range of banks, alternative lenders and borrowers across a variety of sectors, including commercial real estate, development finance, health, hospitality sectors and social housing.
Mark is a member of the ByrneWallace LLP Management Committee and was formerly a member of the Business Law Committee in the Law Society of Ireland.
- Law Society of Ireland
- Dublin Solicitor’s Bar Association
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Bachelor of Business and Legal Studies Degree, University College Dublin, 1996
- Diploma in Financial Services Law, University College Dublin, 2000
- Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland, Law Society of Ireland, 2000
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in England and Wales, 2010
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
ByrneWallace LLP has developed an impressive senior bench of banking and finance specialists, most recently hiring William Johnston as a consultant from Arthur Cox in January 2021. He has joined a team that includes a number of practitioners with in excess of 20 years and 30 years experience with several also having had stints in senior-level in-house positions. The group has a particularly strong reputation in real estate finance, including social housing finance, and represents a wide array of clients, notably a number of alternative lenders. Mark Kavanagh remains a senior name in real estate finance, Deirdre McBennett is a specialist in social housing finance and Paraic O’Kennedy is a key figure in sustainable finance.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Insolvency and corporate restructuring
- Projects and PPP
- White-collar crime
- Capital markets
- Data privacy and data protection
- Energy and natural resources
- Information technology
- Media and entertainment
- Intellectual property