David Butler > Fox Williams LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Fox Williams LLP Offices
10 FINSBURY SQUARE
- Go to...
David is a fraud and corporate disputes lawyer and head of the civil fraud group at Fox Williams. He has extensive experience in litigating fraud claims for claimants and defendants and has represented clients in fraud claims touching all parts of the world, including the offshore jurisdictions where he practised for six years. His experience of litigating fraud claims extends to all manner of businesses and industries, from automotive parts manufacture to zinc mining, and includes obtaining and discharging court orders freezing assets and orders to obtain information from banks and other relevant third parties.
David’s corporate disputes practices takes in LLP and partnership claims, shareholder and joint venture disputes and claims for breach of confidence and misuse of private information. David has acted on unfair prejudice petitions and derivative actions, and frequently advises corporates on issues arising under the Companies and Insolvency Acts. Together with members of Fox Williams’s employment team, David also represents clients in High Court claims to enforce post-termination restrictive covenants.
Headed by David Butler, Fox Williams LLP‘s team has expertise in recovering assets that have been misappropriated by fiduciaries and senior executives, especially within alternative and disruptive finance spaces, and employment. Described as ‘a team of experienced and reliable commercial litigators’, Gavin Foggo , and Evie Meleagros, are noted for their experience in cross-jurisdictional cases.
Housing financial services and professional services industry experts, Fox Williams LLP‘s practice is co-led by Gavin Foggo, a specialist in corporate transactional and corporate governance-related claims, financial and banking litigation, partnership disputes, and civil fraud; and Ben Giaretta, who acts in both arbitration and commercial litigation. Also highly regarded, Tom Custance acts in financial services sector-related employment-related disputes; and David Butler assists with shareholder litigation, insolvency, and civil fraud matters. Recently-elevated partner Evie Meleagros and legal director Rebecca Richardson are also key to the team. Commercial disputes and securities litigation partner Matthew Reach joined in November 2022 from Keystone Law.
- Commercial litigation: mid-market London > Dispute resolution
- Fraud: civil London > Crime, fraud and licensing
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Smaller Deals, £10m-£100m
- Transport > Aviation
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Transport > Travel
- Dispute resolution > Group litigation: Claimant
- Employment > Senior executives
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- Employment > Employers
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Industry focus > Retail and consumer
- Employment > Employee share schemes
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Employment > Immigration
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Transport > Aviation