Gavin Foggo > Fox Williams LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Fox Williams LLP Offices
10 FINSBURY SQUARE
- Go to...
Partner and head of commercial dispute resolution department specialising in: UK and international litigation and arbitration, civil fraud, financial services and banking disputes, transactional breaches of contract and shareholder disputes, directors’ duties, corporate governance and partnership disputes.
Trained Fox Williams; qualified 1992; solicitor commercial litigation department 1992-2000; senior associate dispute resolution department 2000-01; partner dispute resolution department 2001; solicitor advocate (higher courts civil) 2002; member of firm’s partnership board 2005 to date.
Honorary Secretary, London Solicitors Litigation Association; former Honorary Secretary, Association of Partnership Practitioners; City of London Law Society Litigation sub-committee; Upper Tribunal Users Group; co-chair, international litigation sub-committee of commercial and business litigation committee, American Bar Association; International Bar Association.
Pimlico School; Southwark College of Further Education; University of Durham (1987 BA Hons Law 2(1)); College of Law, Chester (1989 Law Society Finals).
Sport, travel, food and wine.
Headed by David Butler, Fox Williams LLP‘s team has expertise in recovering assets that have been misappropriated by fiduciaries and senior executives, especially within alternative and disruptive finance spaces, and employment. Described as ‘a team of experienced and reliable commercial litigators’, Gavin Foggo , and Evie Meleagros, are noted for their experience in cross-jurisdictional cases.
‘A first-rate independent English law firm with top-class arbitration capability‘, Fox Williams LLP is experienced in disputes involving Asia, the Middle East, North America, and Africa. Peter Ashford is an expert in international commercial arbitrations that concern international trade, joint ventures and distribution; Ben Giaretta is ‘a really superb international arbitration practitioner‘; and Tom Custance is an insurance and energy arbitration specialist. Gavin Foggo acts in partnership disputes, while senior associate Kate Felmingham is experienced in investment treaty work.
Fox Williams LLP is well versed in establishing foreign law firm partnerships in the UK. Frequently advising on a range of regulatory issues including breaches of the SRA Code and investigations. The team is also equipped to handle disputes and quasi-employment work, offering ‘real knowledge and expertise’. The team is led by the ‘astute, commercial and pragmatic’ Daniel Sutherland, who has ‘strong regulatory knowledge and is superb on drafting’. Senior partner Gavin Foggo acts mainly in the financial services and professional services sectors and is described as ‘one of the very best litigators in this field’ and ‘tenacious’. Aron Pope has a contentious practice, advising both employers and employees in the financial and professional services, fintech and technology space on partnership and employment disputes involving whistleblowing, discrimination, restrictive covenants and team moves. Handling both contentious and non-contentious partnership work is the ‘highly conscientious and intelligent’ Ed Livingstone.
Housing financial services and professional services industry experts, Fox Williams LLP‘s practice is co-led by Gavin Foggo, a specialist in corporate transactional and corporate governance-related claims, financial and banking litigation, partnership disputes, and civil fraud; and Ben Giaretta, who acts in both arbitration and commercial litigation. Also highly regarded, Tom Custance acts in financial services sector-related employment-related disputes; and David Butler assists with shareholder litigation, insolvency, and civil fraud matters. Recently-elevated partner Evie Meleagros and legal director Rebecca Richardson are also key to the team. Commercial disputes and securities litigation partner Matthew Reach joined in November 2022 from Keystone Law.
- Leading individuals London > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Leading individuals London > Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Partnership London > Corporate and commercial
- Commercial litigation: mid-market London > Dispute resolution
- Fraud: civil London > Crime, fraud and licensing
- International arbitration London > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Smaller Deals, £10m-£100m
- Transport > Aviation
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Transport > Travel
- Dispute resolution > Group litigation: Claimant
- Employment > Senior executives
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- Employment > Employers
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Industry focus > Retail and consumer
- Employment > Employee share schemes
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Employment > Immigration
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Transport > Aviation