Tom Custance > Fox Williams LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Fox Williams LLP Offices
10 FINSBURY SQUARE
- Go to...
Partner specialising in a range of commercial disputes including insurance/reinsurance claims, banking/finance disputes, employment and partnership law, and professional negligence, product liability and public liability claims.
Trained Herbert Smith, qualified 1989 (and as a solicitor advocate 1997); solicitor Herbert Smith 1989, partner 1996; partner Fox Williams LLP 2001.
Solicitors’ Association of Higher Court Advocates; London Solicitors Litigation Association; Freeman of City of London Solicitors’ Company.
Westminster School; Bristol University (1985 BA Hons Classics); College of Law.
‘A first-rate independent English law firm with top-class arbitration capability‘, Fox Williams LLP is experienced in disputes involving Asia, the Middle East, North America, and Africa. Peter Ashford is an expert in international commercial arbitrations that concern international trade, joint ventures and distribution; Ben Giaretta is ‘a really superb international arbitration practitioner‘; and Tom Custance is an insurance and energy arbitration specialist. Gavin Foggo acts in partnership disputes, while senior associate Kate Felmingham is experienced in investment treaty work.
Housing financial services and professional services industry experts, Fox Williams LLP‘s practice is co-led by Gavin Foggo, a specialist in corporate transactional and corporate governance-related claims, financial and banking litigation, partnership disputes, and civil fraud; and Ben Giaretta, who acts in both arbitration and commercial litigation. Also highly regarded, Tom Custance acts in financial services sector-related employment-related disputes; and David Butler assists with shareholder litigation, insolvency, and civil fraud matters. Recently-elevated partner Evie Meleagros and legal director Rebecca Richardson are also key to the team. Commercial disputes and securities litigation partner Matthew Reach joined in November 2022 from Keystone Law.
- Commercial litigation: mid-market London > Dispute resolution
- International arbitration London > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Smaller Deals, £10m-£100m
- Transport > Aviation
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Transport > Travel
- Dispute resolution > Group litigation: Claimant
- Employment > Senior executives
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- Employment > Employers
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Industry focus > Retail and consumer
- Employment > Employee share schemes
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Employment > Immigration
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Transport > Aviation