Ben Giaretta > Fox Williams LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Fox Williams LLP Offices
10 FINSBURY SQUARE
- Go to...
Ben is co-head Fox Williams’ international arbitration team and represent clients in commercial disputes across a wide range of sectors, including energy, natural resources, construction, infrastructure, commodities and technology.
Ben is a commercial disputes lawyer with a broad range of experience in litigation, mediation and expert determination, and he has particular expertise in international commercial arbitration.
He has advised clients on issues arising from contracts in many different industries, including oil & gas, LNG, renewables, construction, mining, technology, M&A, shipping and commodities. He has worked on disputes all over the world, including in Africa, Europe and the Gulf region. For seven years he was based in Singapore as the Head of Arbitration in Asia for an international law firm, and he worked on disputes across the Asia-Pacific, especially relating to India, South Korea, Japan, China and Australia.
He is a Chartered Arbitrator and Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, and is the current Chair of the London Branch of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. He has been appointed as arbitrator on many occasions and he is on the panels of arbitrators of several arbitration institutions throughout the world.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Housing financial services and professional services industry experts, Fox Williams LLP‘s practice is co-led by Gavin Foggo, a specialist in corporate transactional and corporate governance-related claims, financial and banking litigation, partnership disputes, and civil fraud; and Ben Giaretta, who acts in both arbitration and commercial litigation. Also highly regarded, Tom Custance acts in financial services sector-related employment-related disputes; and David Butler assists with shareholder litigation, insolvency, and civil fraud matters. Recently-elevated partner Evie Meleagros and legal director Rebecca Richardson are also key to the team. Commercial disputes and securities litigation partner Matthew Reach joined in November 2022 from Keystone Law.
- Leading individuals London > Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Commercial litigation: mid-market London > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Smaller Deals, £10m-£100m
- Transport > Aviation
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Transport > Travel
- Dispute resolution > Group litigation: Claimant
- Employment > Senior executives
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- Employment > Employers
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Industry focus > Retail and consumer
- Employment > Employee share schemes
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Employment > Immigration
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Transport > Aviation