Mr Stavros Pavlou > Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC > Limassol, Cyprus > Lawyer Profile
Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC Offices
332 AGIOU ANDREOU STR.
- Go to...
Mr Stavros Pavlou
Senior & Managing Partner
Stavros Pavlou is the Senior & Managing Partner of the firm. His practice areas include Commercial Litigation, Arbitration, Corporate, Commercial and M&A, Trusts & Asset Protection, Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, International Tax Planning, Restructuring & Insolvency, Real Estate
• Senior & Managing Partner, Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC, Limassol, Cyprus since July 2010 • Senior & Managing Partner, Patrikios Pavlou & Co, Limassol, Cyprus 2002-2010 • Managing Partner, Patrikios Pavlou & Co, Limassol, Cyprus 1993-2002 • Partner, Patrikios Pavlou & Co, Limassol, Cyprus, 1989-1993 • Advocate, Patrikios Pavlou & Co, Limassol, Cyprus 1986-1989
Greek (native) and English (fluent).
• Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn • International Bar Association • Cyprus Bar Association • Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (Fellow of CIArb) • Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) • International Tax Planning Association (ITPA) • Association of International Tax Consultants (AITC) • Russian Arbitration Association • International Law Association (ILA) • International Council for Commercial Arbitration (ICCA) • London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
Stavros Pavlou obtained a BSc Degree in Economics of Industry and Trade from the London School of Economics in the UK in 1983 and a Graduate Diploma in Law from City University in the UK in 1984. He was then called to the English Bar by Gray’s Inn in 1985 and he was admitted to the Cyprus Bar Association in 1986. He is a fellow of CIArb since 2017. Mr Pavlou is a very experienced litigator and handles complicated cross-border transactions involving international groups, banks and other organizations.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC has ‘very extensive experience in all aspects of business and tax laws’. It is well-equipped to deal with a broad range of tax disputes as well as having considerable prowess in advising on cross-border transactions and agreements. The group is renowned for its strength in advising on the establishment of efficient tax planning structures and is a known name for its specialist tax advice on M&As, corporate restructurings and re-organisations. Senior and managing partner Stavros Pavlou along with Stella Strati jointly head the team.
Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC has a versatile team that advises on the full range of matters from the setting up of Cyprus international trusts structures for real estate assets to handling property litigation. With Stavros Pavlou and Stella Strati at the helm the practice is renowned for its work with a variety of project developers and high-net-worth individuals on a whole host of issues including debt to asset swaps and all forms of agreements for real estate developments and on property finance matters.
Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC has a versatile team that successfully handles all aspects of dispute resolution including the arbitration of international and domestic disputes. Clients range from public and private companies to multinational corporations, banks, financial institutions and entrepreneurs as well as individual clients from Cyprus and abroad. Senior partner Stavros Pavlou is a prominent arbitrator locally and internationally and is also recognised for his litigation skills. He co-leads the team with Chrysostomos Nicolaou and Stella Louka Pavlou. The team’s wide ranging expertise spans the handling of challenging shareholder disputes to obtaining ancillary relief in the context of foreign litigation and arbitration.
Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC is renowned for its advice on local and international corporate and commercial matters such as handling key cross-border mergers and acquisitions, re-domiciliation in and out of Cyprus and company liquidations. It is also skilled at handling complex corporate governance matters and IP issues. It has recently been active advising major corporate stakeholders on share purchases/sales, regulatory matters and re-domiciliation to Russia. Stavros Pavlou and Lia Iordanou Theodoulou head the department that recently promoted Angeliki Epaminonda to the partnership. Stella Strati is also well-regarded. The ‘very knowledgeable and responsive‘ team is ‘very professional, time efficient and result oriented’.
Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC advises a variety of banking and financial institutions, and is renowned for its experience in structuring security packages and enforcing securities out of court. The team also specialises in cross-border ship and aircraft financing and has strong capabilities in other industry sectors such as energy, mining and metals, retail, and telecommunications. Stavros Pavlou and Lia Iordanou Theodoulou head the ‘experienced and stable‘ team, specialising in cross-border securities and listings, and work with major banks and financial institutions respectively. Angeliki Epaminonda was promoted to the partnership in 2020.
- Dispute resolution - Cyprus
- Hall of Fame - Cyprus > Dispute resolution
- Leading individuals - Cyprus > Tax
- Leading individuals - Cyprus > Dispute resolution
- Tax - Cyprus
- Banking and finance - Cyprus
- Commercial, corporate and M&A - Cyprus
- Real estate and construction - Cyprus