Firm Profile > Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC > Limassol , Cyprus
Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC Offices
332 AGIOU ANDREOU STR.
- Go to...
- Firm Profile
- Main Contacts
- Lawyer Profiles
- Notable cases
- Press Releases
- Legal Developments
Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC > The Legal 500 Rankings
Banking and finance Tier 1
The team at Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC is adept at handling multi-jurisdictional projects. It is acting for a major Russian bank on the refinancing of a large international oilfield services group. Bank of America Merrill Lynch and UniCredit Bank are also clients. Stella Strati and Lia Iordanou Theodoulou are recommended along with Stavros Pavlou.
Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC has been active advising on many international mergers and acquisitions as well as reorganisations and liquidations. It counts Eriell Group and UniCredit Bank as clients. The team ‘acts as one and is very reliable, efficient and accessible’. Lia Iordanou Theodoulou is ‘very professional’; Stavros Pavlou has 'a very deep knowledge of the law’; and Stella Strati is another primary contact.
Dispute resolution Tier 1
Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC's ‘professional and attentive’ team handles a wide range of banking litigation. Clients include Commerzbank and Delo Group. Stavros Pavlou ‘achieves great results on complex matters quickly’. Chrysostomos Nicolaou is also an experienced litigator.
Tax Tier 1
Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC is praised for its ‘solution-driven’ approach. It routinely handles the setting up of tax planning structures on complex cross-border deals and tax disputes. Clients include Alpha Bank (Cyprus) as well as several high-net-worth individuals and entrepreneurs. The ‘outstanding’ Stavros Pavlou is ‘passionate about what he does and how he does it’. Stella Strati ‘will always go the extra mile’.
Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC > Firm Profile
Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC is a leading, highly recommended and multi-awarded law firm based in Cyprus. With more than 56 years of experience in the local and international legal market, the firm is renowned for its involvement in some of the largest cross-border transactions and complex litigation and arbitration matters and its exceptional client service in Cyprus and abroad.
Located in Limassol, one of the most attractive international business centres and rapidly developing cities in Europe, the Firm is committed in providing its clients with top professional legal services, covering the full range of their business activities. A team of over 30 qualified professional associates and legal consultants advise multinational corporations, banks, financial institutions and HNWIs on their high-profile and complex matters in multiple practice areas:
- Dispute Resolution & ADR
- Corporate, Commercial and M&A
- Banking & Finance
- Restructuring and Insolvency
- Capital Markets
- International Tax Planning
- Real Estate, Trusts & Asset Protection
- Ship Registration & Ship Finance
Through a multi-disciplinary approach to delivery of our services, dedication in cross-border work, and ongoing commitment to building long-lasting relationships, Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC managed to establish a strong presence in the international legal market. The firm’s international profile comprises of strong alliances with reputable law firms worldwide, particularly in Europe, Asia, USA, Russia and the rest of the CIS countries, and memberships in various professional organisations globally, enhancing further the team’s ability to swiftly and efficiently respond to the clients’ ever-changing requests.
Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC offers comprehensive corporate services through Pagecorp Group, a group of companies associated through common ownership. With almost 30 years of experience, the Group comprises of lawyers, legal consultants, company administrators, accountants and secretarial staff, who advise major organizations, start-ups and entrepreneurs on International Tax Planning, Cyprus International Trusts, Foreign Investment and Citizenship, and Accounting and Financial reporting, in order to establish their business in a low tax, transparent and regulated environment.
Since 1963, Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC has been acting for leading organizations and individuals with persistent commitment to excellence. Our determination is reinforced through our extended partnerships with companies around the globe that share the same philosophy, culture and values: invest for the future. We aim to achieve the same levels of expertise in the cases in which our lawyers are involved and in community work, as in further growing our portfolio of clients and associates. We are confident that through our strong belief in our core values and responsible actions, we will continue to provide top quality legal services with diligence, integrity and professionalism.
|Dispute Resolution and ADR, Corporate, Commercial and M&A, Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, International Tax Planning, Real estate, Trusts and Asset Protection||Stavros Pavloufirstname.lastname@example.org||+357 25 871599|
|Dispute resolution and ADR||Chrysostomos Nicolaouemail@example.com||+357 25 871599|
|Dispute resolution and ADR, Banking Litigation, Matrimonial & Family Law||Stella Louka Pavloufirstname.lastname@example.org||+357 25 871599|
|Corporate, Commercial and M&A, Banking & Finance, Capital Markets,Restructuring & Insolvency, Ship & Aircraft Finance||Lia Iordanou Theodoulouemail@example.com||+357 25 871599|
|Dispute Resolution, Litigation, Administrative & Constitutional, Matrimonial & Family Law||Ioanna Stavrouliafirstname.lastname@example.org||+357 25 871599|
|Corporate, Commercial and M&A, Banking & Finance, Capital Markets Restructuring & Insolvency, Real Estate, Trusts & Asset Protection, International Tax Planning, Corporate Management Services||Stella Stratiemail@example.com||+357 25 871599|
|Dispute Resolution & ADR, Corporate Litigation||Eleana Christofifirstname.lastname@example.org||+357 25 871599|
|Corporate, Commercial and M&A, Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Restructuring & Insolvency,||Angeliki Epaminondaemail@example.com||+357 25 871599|
|Miss Eleana Christofi||View Profile|
|Mrs Lia Iordanou Theodoulou||View Profile|
|Mrs Stella Louka Pavlou||View Profile|
|Mr Chrysostomos Nicolaou||View Profile|
|Ms Stavros Pavlou||View Profile|
|Mr Patrikios Pavlou||View Profile|
|Mrs Ioanna Stavroulia||View Profile|
|Mrs Stella Strati||View Profile|
Staff FiguresNumber of lawyers : 30
LanguagesEnglish French Georgian German Greek Italian Russian Slovak
MembershipsCyprus Bar Association International Bar Association Cyprus-Russian Business Association Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Russian Arbitration Association International Tax Planning Association Association of International Tax Consultants International Law Association LCIA (London Court of International Arbitration) International Council for Commercial Arbitration
OtherMr : Stavros Pavlou
Dispute Resolution & ADR
- Extensively advising and representing a well-known private investment group of companies in Russia, involved in the development of real estate and finance assets, in a dispute between the group of companies and a Russian commercial bank, claiming damages in the amount of EUR 600 million.
- Representing a high-net worth individual based in Scotland in a cross-border dispute arising out of a joint venture for the exploitation of immovable property value of EUR 20 million in the Russian Federation.
- Representing a Russian government-owned development bank in a litigation initiated in Cyprus against the bank and third parties for the amount of USD 119 million on the basis of alleged breaches of contractual obligations by third parties.
Corporate Law, Commercial Law, and M&A:
- Advising a leading real-estate company of China, in relation to the acquisition of a large investment group operating in the Russian commercial real-estate market, owing properties of more than USD 4 billion.
- Provided legal advice on the re-structuring of the shareholding of a group of companies, in preparation for its acquisition by a Strategic Investor, and the setting up of special purpose vehicles under Belize law and Cyprus law for the purposes of the acquisition amounting EUR 110 million.
- Advising and assisting, along with a major Russian bank, a private equity investments international group, with headquarters in China, managing assets of more than EUR 1.5 million, with the establishment of an international investment group and with setting up of a Cyprus company to act as the investment manager to a fund to facilitate investments in Asia.
Banking & Finance, Capital Markets:
- Advising a multinational investment and financial services provider on a new margin loan to a Cyprus borrower in the amount of USD 800 million secured inter alia by a pledge of shares of a foreign jurisdiction public listed company.
- Acted as the advisors of a major Russian bank, in relation to a facility of more than USD 320 million provided by the bank to an Austrian energy company trading in oil and oil-related products within the EU market.
- Advising an Asian development bank, proposing to provide a reputable supplier of quality fuel with a direct loan in the amount of up to USD 4.1 million.
International Tax Planning:
- Advising a trustee of a Bermudan trust in relation to the re-domiciliation of the trustee and subsequently of the trust in the Republic of Cyprus for the purposes of taking advantage of the Cyprus International Trusts Law and the applicable tax regime.
- Providing specific tax and corporate advice to a Cyprus start-up company, in relation to the optimization of its corporate structure and the establishment of its business in the field of fiscal representation; the projects involves one of the world’s largest online marketplaces and services provider and multi-jurisdictional tax aspects within the EU.
- Providing corporate and tax advice in relation to the cross-border re-organization of one of the largest insurance companies in the world, involving Cyprus entities and entities from five other European and international jurisdictions.
Real Estate, Trusts & Asset Protection:
- Advising one of the leading property developers in the Eastern Mediterranean on the development, planning and licencing on their landmark projects, considered to be among the largest private real estate investment opportunities in Cyprus.
- Advising one of the major banking institutions of Cyprus, in relation to all loan restructurings performed by them pursuant to an amendment of the Cyprus tax legislation, according to which certain loan restructurings are temporarily exempt from tax, where such restructurings include the transfer of immovable property to the creditor/financial institution in exchange for the repayment of debt.
- Advising a number of high-net-worth individuals from Russia, Asia and other non-EU countries on the purchase of premium commercial and residential properties, which qualify for the Cyprus Citizenship by Investment Programme.
For us, at Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC, being responsible towards all stakeholders has always been a high priority and an essential corporate determinant for value creation. The firm has a long and deeply rooted tradition of being an active advocate of ethical, honest and responsible practices towards the community with whom it interacts. We are committed in providing top level legal services with the utmost ethical standards, acknowledging that our activities and actions reflect on our society and the environment in which we operate.
As one of the leading law firms in Cyprus, we are active promoters and supporters of local economic growth by:
- applying environmental-friendly practices and minimizing our ecological impact, through recycling, using renewable energy sources and reusable materials, and investing to ‘greener’ supply chains;
- protecting the rights and safety of our employees and respecting internationally declared human rights and employing local and foreign workers, considering, at the same time, diversity as a strength. We value all perspectives, creative ideas and connections that arise from bringing people with different backgrounds together and we place value on such differences to further add to the strength of our legal and professional support team;
- raising money for local charities and non-profit organizations and sponsoring local events; our donations have increased substantially and we seek to provide assistance to those who are in need;
- implementing ethical marketing that respects our clients without eventual manipulations or false advertisement.
With more than 55 years’ experience, Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC knows how to be viable in the long-run and the importance of responsible actions. Our socially responsible belief is only reinforced through our extended partnerships with companies around the globe that share the same philosophy, culture and values: invest for the future. We aim to achieve the same levels of expertise in the cases in which our lawyers are involved and in community work, as in further growing our portfolio of clients and associates. We are confident that through our strong belief in our core values and responsible actions, we will continue to provide top quality legal services with diligence, integrity and professionalism.
Our Top Tier Dispute Resolution practice is the largest and most experienced department of the firm. As one of the leading departments in Cyprus, it is renowned for delivering exceptional service to clients. Senior & Managing Partner, Stavros Pavlou is an Elite Leading Individual in Cyprus and praised for his “very deep knowledge of the law”.
With a 56-year experience in the local and international legal market, the team successfully handles cases in conventional and alternative forms of litigation, including arbitration of international and domestic disputes, and mediation. The department’s transnational capabilities are substantial since lawyers have arbitrated commercial disputes in arbitration courts on a global level, including the London Court of International Arbitration, the Stockholm Arbitration Court, the Austrian Arbitration Centre, etc.
Headed by four partners, the dispute resolution team handles a wide range of claims and disputes, both locally and internationally, in respect of general civil, corporate and criminal litigation as well as administrative recourses to the Supreme Court of Cyprus including:
- Corporate and shareholders’ disputes
- Banking and finance disputes
- Negligence, incl. medical malpractice
- Bankruptcy, insolvency and receivership
- Landlord and tenant disputes
- Employment disputes
- Matrimonial law
- Defamation, libel and slander claims
- Breach of contracts
- Personal injury claims
- Road traffic accidents
- Insurance claims
- Admiralty claims
A sample of recent cases and projects handled includes the following:
- Representing companies which own an oil refinery in the Russian Federation, in shareholders’ disputes for the amount of USD 200 million for alleged breaches of shareholders’ agreement, misrepresentation and fraud.
- Handling over 50 cases, with an approximate total aggregate amount of USD 3 billion, relating to the registration, recognition and enforcement of Russian judgments and arbitral awards obtained by one of the leading and largest banks of Russia against various companies and individuals.
- For four and a half years, we have been representing a leading Russian bank in significant arbitration proceedings before a Cypriot tribunal, in a USD 40 million claim relating to the performance of certain bank guarantees; the Final Award has recently been received in the favour of our client pursuant to which the multimillion-claim of the claimants is dismissed.
- Representing high-net worth individuals in a multi-million dispute arising out of a joint venture for the construction of residential properties in Moscow.
- Advising before the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) on the enforcement of a Sale and Purchase Agreement for the sale of issued share capital through complex corporate structures (claim amount USD 800 million).
- Representing one of Cyprus’s biggest banks in relation to a recent amendment on Immovable Property (Transfer and Mortgage) Law No. 9/1965. We promoted applications/appeals with the District Courts, requesting that several provisions of article 44 of the Law, as amended, are unconstitutional; the Court agreed and declared certain articles of the Law unconstitutional, as breaching articles 23 and 26 of the Constitution.
- Advising India’s largest real estate construction company, which is also a key player in real estate investments, on matters relating to the enforcement and execution of an LCIA Arbitration Award; worth approximately GBP 350 million.
- Representing a major Russian financial institution on the recovery of over USD 1.5 billion in assets, by a leading Russian group of companies, through liquidation and other out of Court enforcement measures in order to ensure asset recoveries for debt repayment.
- Representing a large Russian bank in litigation proceedings in Cyprus, initiated against the bank and third parties (amount USD 119 million) on the basis of alleged breaches of contractual obligations by third parties for which, allegedly, the bank is responsible in tort under Russian law, as being their ultimate mother company.
The corporate and M&A team at Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC is ranked in the top tier for Cyprus for providing professional, high-quality consultancy services to clients. The team effectively handles complicated cross-border transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, and assists large groups of companies and prestigious international law firms on Cyprus corporate law issues.
Clients of the corporate and M&A department include public and private companies and major international groups of companies operating in various industry sectors such as oil & gas, energy, metals production, automobile and engineering, IT, construction, financial services, aviation, transport and other.
Headed by three partners, the corporate team provides professional legal advice and guidance to clients in the following areas:
- Company formation and company administration
- Partnership formation and dissolution
- Corporate management, with full domiciliation services
- Corporate reorganization, reconstruction, restructuring and optimization of business structures
- Company liquidation and winding up
- Shareholder agreements and corporate governance
- Loan, agency and distributorship agreements
- Lease and hire-purchase agreements
- Share sale and purchase agreements
- Local and cross border mergers, acquisitions and amalgamations
- Joint ventures and cross border transactions
- International tax planning
- Legal and corporate due diligence
- Corporate finance, with a particular focus on takeovers, restructurings, mergers and acquisitions
- Trust Settlement and trust administration
A sample of recent cases and projects handled includes the following:
- Advising one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the energy industry on its proposed acquisition (value of USD 975 million) of a Cyprus holding company and its subsidiaries.
- Engaged for the 4th consecutive year by a major corporate shareholder, wishing to sell a further 25% stake in a Cyprus holding company; the project involved several complicated share transfers and sale of loans in the form of shareholder financings (value EUR 420 million).
- Provided a complex legal memorandum to a major media and advertising services provider on the liquidation of one of its member companies, a Cyprus investment management company, which was also involved in litigation proceedings in the Supreme Court of the State of New York, USA.
- Providing detailed analysis of corporate governance matters in relation to two Cyprus holding companies, part of a very complicated legal structure with ultimate beneficial owners of various nationalities, BVI shareholders, shares held on trust by funds and Russian subsidiaries involved in the production and sale of steel, pipes and gas tanks.
- Advising a major Russian bank in relation to a complicated reorganization of an international corporate group operating in the oilfield sector, including Russian, Jersey and Cyprus companies.
- Engaged by a high calibre Greek entrepreneur to provide detailed legal assistance with the setting up of a Cyprus company involved in the online travel industry. Furthermore, we comprehensively assisted with all company incorporation procedures and we also provided serviced office space to accommodate his initial operational needs.
- Acted as the legal advisor to one of the largest Russian companies offering railway infrastructure construction services, on whether the entry into a particular pledge agreement, which constituted part to a larger financing transaction, would potentially be in breach of the Cyprus Companies Law provisions relating to the prohibition of the cross holding of shares.
- Having gained extensive expertise, we have successfully handled and completed numerous re-domiciliation procedures from Jersey, Panama and the BVI to Cyprus.
- Extensively reviewed and advised on the proposed website documentation such as sales paths, e-mail templates and the travel insurance policy relating to the provision of insurance by one of the world’s leading insurance companies.
BANKING AND FINANCE
The Banking and Finance team at Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC is ranked in the top tier for Cyprus, duly acknowledged for delivering outstanding legal services to its clients. With extensive experience in the legal market and the international culture, the lawyers and legal consultants of the Firm successfully handle challenging cross-border corporate finance transactions and banking projects.
The Firm’s clients include public and private companies, large multinational corporations that have their regional hub in Cyprus, entrepreneurs as well as a host of individual clients from Cyprus and abroad. In the banking and finance sector, the Firm provides ongoing advice to a large number of local and international banks and financial institutions.
Over the last years, Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC has been receiving increasing banking and finance work and thus, the department has expanded to meet the clients’ requests effectively and timely. Headed by three partners, the team provides professional legal advice and guidance to clients in the following areas:
- Corporate finance
- Structured finance
- Project finance
- Acquisition finance
- Equity and debt finance
- Ship finance
- Equity investment
- Restructurings and reorganisations
- Derivative and securities lending transactions
- Repurchase agreements [REPOs]
- General banking
- Recovery of loans
- Lease and hire-purchase agreements
- Letters of credit and bank guarantees
- Offerings and listings in international stock exchanges
A sample of recent cases and projects handled includes the following:
- Advised for 6 consecutive years, a major Russian Bank on several facility agreements, amounting up to USD 7 billion to an international chemical group.
- Advising a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm in relation to a number of issues concerning the Financial Collateral Arrangement Law and providing a legal opinion on financial collateral assistance matters arising out of certain Master Confirmations for pre-paid share forward transactions for shares issued by the largest international crude oil tanker company worldwide.
- Advising one of the largest banks in Russia on a financing project of over USD 1 billion regarding a trade and exhibition centre in Moscow, Russian Federation.
- Advising a leading Switzerland-based multinational financial services group in relation to the entry into a collar transaction with a Cyprus company (value of EUR 200 million) with regards to shares in an integrated global energy company based in Spain.
- Advising a major Russian bank in relation to a EUR 700 million facility agreement for the largest scale high-tech project in the Russian mining industry.
- Engaged by an Asian development bank to advice from a Cyprus law perspective on the provision of a loan amounting USD 4.1 million for a construction of petroleum facilities in Tajikistan.
- Advising on the financing of a 75-metre yacht amounting USD 50 million provided by a large Swiss Bank.
- Represented one of the world’s most preeminent financial service firms in relation to a cross currency swap transaction, supplementing an ISDA Master Agreement, with one of the biggest investment firms in Cyprus.
- Providing legal advice to a German global banking and financial services company on the transfer of a Cypriot secured property it held by way of Cyprus pledges in respect of two facility agreements of USD 265 million to a new security agent.
- Advising a major Russian bank on the financing aspect of a major restructuring of the largest industrial construction group in Russia in order to fund the purchase price of the deal in the aggregate amount of approximately EUR ½ billion.
- Advised the corporate and investment banking division of the leading financial institution of the US in relation to a transaction of the amendment and restatement of a USD 250 million facility agreement due to the change of the custodian of shares of a DIFC entity.
Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC has been certified by the Cyprus Bar Association as a Continuing Professional Development Training Centre.
Our firm organized an exciting retreat weekend for the legal team that aimed in encouraging the lawyers to enforce internal ties, discuss internal matters, develop their skills further and have fun with the colleagues. The retreat weekend took place on the 24th and 25th February 2018 in Elysium Hotel in Paphos.
The recent revelations in the Panama and Paradise Papers illustrated the need for companies to make a shift towards more responsible fiscal behaviour and tax responsibilities. International guidelines such as the OECD guidelines and the 4th EU AML Directive clarify that evasive fiscal practices will be disclosed. This article analyses the implications on some of the most established corporate structure vehicles, British Virgin Islands (BVI) business companies and Cyprus companies, by outlining their key characteristics and evaluating how each jurisdiction is adhering to stricter international compliance standards.
In November 2017, the Cyprus parliament voted an important amendment to the Cyprus VAT Legislation, which amends the main VAT Law N.95(I)/2000 concerning taxation of building land, in order to align it with the provisions of EU VAT Directive 2006/112/EC. The amendment has entered into force on 2 January 2018.
On Monday 11th December 2017, our Senior and Managing Partner, Mr Stavros Pavlou was awarded the Prometheus prize in Moscow for his invaluable contribution towards the protection of Russian business interests in Cyprus and abroad.
The Cyprus Ministry of Finance has announced that Cyprus has entered into a double tax agreement with Saudi Arabia for the avoidance of double taxation (‘DTT’), which aims to prevent tax evasion.
Once again, The Cyprus Fiduciary Association (CFA) selected our law firm to present another specialised and highly demanded seminar, the “Advanced Directors’ Workshop”, which took place on 30th November and 1st December 2017 in Nicosia and Limassol respectively.
The Cyprus Fiduciary Association (CFA) organised a valuable and practical seminar titled “Rights of Settlor and Beneficiaries under a Trust” on 28 and 29 September 2017 in Nicosia and Limassol respectively.
Successful representation at the 2nd English-Cypriot Law Day conference and developing further the A
The Cyprus Bar Association and the English Bar Council successfully organised the 2nd EnglishCypriot Law Day conference, which was held in Limassol, Cyprus on the 8th September 2017.... As a leading law firm, Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC was one of the main contributors to the event.
The Cypriot, French and Hellenic branches of the International Law Association (ILA) organised a successful conference on International Arbitration in Larnaca, Cyprus on 30th June and 1st July 2017.
Legal 500, the world’s legal guide to the leading law firms and outstanding lawyers in over 100 jurisdictions, has recently released tiered rankings for the EMEA region for 2017. We are extremely proud that our law Firm is placed in the TOP tier rankings for Cyprus.
We are very proud that Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC is ranked once more as a leading law firm in Cyprus by Chambers & Partners Global.
A DTT between Cyprus and Kazakhstan has been signed and ratified by Cyprus on the 15th of May 2019. The DTT is expected to “enter into force’ as from the 1st of January 2020, provided that the various legal procedures involved are finalized. Kazakhstan currently has the largest and strongest performing economy in Central Asia.
A Q&A guide to dispute resolution law in Cyprus, providing a structured overview of the key practical issues concerning dispute resolution, including court procedures; fees and funding; interim remedies (including attachment orders); disclosure; expert evidence; appeals; class actions; enforcement; cross-border issues; the use of ADR; and any reform proposals.
This country-specific Q&A guide provides a structured overview of the key practical issues concerning arbitration in Cyprus, including any mandatory provisions and default rules applicable under local law, confidentiality, local courts' willingness to assist arbitration, enforcement of awards and the available remedies, both final and interim.
Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC is led by exceptional heads of departments who possess great knowledge and expertise. Our firm is a Top Tier Firm in 4 practice areas for the Legal 500...
Cyprus has reclaimed its status as a country with a developed and well-trusted economy, having overcome the challenges of recent years with a gross domestic product growth of 3.9% in 2018. There has been a noticeable rise in foreign investments in the local market, with an upswing in mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures.
Cyprus boasts an attractive merger and reorganisation regime not only locally, but also at an EU level. Mrs Lia Iordanou Theodoulou, our firm's Partner-Head of Corporate Finance, shares an overview of the procedures to carry out a local and a cross-border merger, providing essential legal and tax information.
As one of the leading law firms in Cyprus, we are active promoters and supporters of local economic growth by sponsoring local events, applying environmental-friendly practices, minimizing our ecological impact, and most importantly, by raising money for local charities and non-profit organizations.
Given the corporate environment's ever-changing nature and business needs and the importance of data protection at the EU level, the topic of due diligence in M&A and financial transactions warrants examination. The disclosure, transfer and processing of data raises concerns at several stages of the due diligence process during a transaction and undoubtedly makes things more complicated.
Cyprus is fast becoming an international fund hub and a well-respected player in both the European and international fund industries.
Cyprus's maritime industry has been established as one of the three largest merchant fleets in Europe and one of the largest in the world. Given its attractive environment and fast developments, Cyprus is likely to cast a long shadow over the international shipping sector...
Mrs Stella Strati, Partner-Corporate Finance, and Mr Stylianos Trillides, Senior Associate, contributed the exclusive Cyprus chapter to the 7th edition of the International Comparative Legal Guide to Project Finance 2018.
On the 12th of March 2018, the EU Commission via an explanatory memorandum (“Explanatory Memorandum”), adopted a package of further measures intended to deepen, unify and further integrate the capital markets sector of the 28 EU Member States.
Nasia Papakonstantinou and Christos Ioannou contribute the Cyprus chapter, providing all-important professional insights into current trends and developments in the local market, including a concise and high-level summary of specific debtor and creditor rights and legal alternatives for the restructuring and resolution of financially distressed and insolvent businesses.
Stavros Pavlou, Senior Associates Katerina Philippidou and Andria Antoniou, and Athina Patsalidou, Associate, contribute the exclusive Cyprus chapter in Complex Commercial Litigation Review's 2nd edition, in which expert practitioners from 23 jurisdictions provide their overview on litigation and arbitration of commercial disputes, contract formations and negotiations, fraud, misrepresentations and other claims. Click to read the Cyprus chapter, published by The Law Reviews.