Hetty Gleave > Fladgate LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Fladgate LLP Offices
16 GREAT QUEEN STREET
- Go to...
My expertise is in handling high net worth and complex financial divorces often with an international focus and involving off shore trusts, business valuations, pre acquired assets and issues of non disclosure. I also have significant experience in helping clients with disputes concerning children, including child arrangements, residence, abuse, abduction and adoption.
Relationship breakdown is never easy and my clients expect matters to be dealt with efficiently and with sensitivity. My aim is to deliver realistic advice that achieves the best results in a cost efficient way and I take a hard line when we need to and push to settle when we do not.
Art has always been a passion and I also has significant expertise in the area of art and cultural property law, particularly disputes relating to title, authenticity and illegally trafficked goods. I am the Deputy Chair of the Treasure Valuation Committee and teach on the issue of valuations and ADR.
Outside work I enjoy visiting galleries and art exhibitions. I am also a keen cook and fair weather cyclist and walker, preferably to a nice country pub. As a Northerner at heart, I enjoy cold water swimming and (very) occasionally take a dip in the Hampstead Ponds.
Fladgate LLP advises on all aspects of relationship breakdown including the financial implications and arrangements for children. It is vastly experienced in international matters, trusts and offshore structures. Teresa Cullen heads the department that acts predominantly for many entrepreneurial HNWIs. It is adept at advising on wealth protection measures through nuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements for wealthy individuals. Hetty Gleave joined the practice from Hunters Law LLP.
Hunters Law LLP acts for largely HNW clients on the full range of issues arising from the inception of the relationship to the breakdown of the relationship. Henry Hood leads a talented team that primarily advises on high-value financial claims on divorce. It is strong at advising on wealth protection through nuptial agreements and is also regularly instructed in challenging private law children matters. A significant proportion of its work is international. The team has three mediators, three collaborative lawyers and one arbitrator (Henry Hood). Richard Kershaw, Jo Carr-West , Jay Patel and Amy Scollan are among the other names to note. Hetty Gleave is now at Fladgate LLP .
- Leading individuals - London > Private client > Art and cultural property
- Family - London > Private client
- Family - London > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Gaming and betting
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- Insurance > Insurance litigation: for policyholders
- Finance > Islamic finance
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Residential property
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Infrastructure
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Mining and minerals
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property finance
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Real estate > Planning
- Employment > Employers
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Employment > Immigration