James Burgess > Field Seymour Parkes LLP > Reading, England > Lawyer Profile
Field Seymour Parkes LLP Offices
1 LONDON STREET
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Partner in commercial property team specialising in development funding and investment transactions, also landlord and tenant.
Trained Bolton and Lowe, Temple Gardens; qualified 1982. Partner, Plummer Tilsley and Partners 1984-1989; partner, Burgess Cheves and Partners 1986-1989; partner, Pitmans 1989-2008; partner, Field Seymour Parkes 2008-date.
Radley College, Oxfordshire; College of Law, Lancaster Gate.
Skiing, shooting, tennis, fishing
South East > Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40(Hall of Fame)
Field Seymour Parkes LLP is home to a specialist strategic land team as well as an experienced real estate financing practice and advises among others blue-chip companies and high-net-worth individuals, a specialism of practice head Marcus Francis. Dean Bickford is Francis’ second in command and focuses on corporate occupiers, charities, and educational institutions. James Burgess is renowned in the Reading real estate market.
South East > Private client > Agriculture and estates
Field Seymour Parkes LLP‘s Reading based team deals with wide range of legal issues facing rural clients, including sales and acquisitions, diversification, land development and succession planning, as well as tax and estate planning, wills and asset protection. Agriculture and rural land head Hazel Eccles was promoted to partner in April 2022; she works with experienced real estate specialist James Burgess and legal director Kelsie Essenhigh.
- Hall of Fame - South East > Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40 - South East > Real estate
- Agriculture and estates - South East > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms