James Burgess > Field Seymour Parkes LLP > Reading, England > Lawyer Profile
Field Seymour Parkes LLP Offices
1 LONDON STREET
- Go to...
Partner in commercial property team specialising in development funding and investment transactions, also landlord and tenant.
Trained Bolton and Lowe, Temple Gardens; qualified 1982. Partner, Plummer Tilsley and Partners 1984-1989; partner, Burgess Cheves and Partners 1986-1989; partner, Pitmans 1989-2008; partner, Field Seymour Parkes 2008-date.
Radley College, Oxfordshire; College of Law, Lancaster Gate.
Skiing, shooting, tennis, fishing
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Field Seymour Parkes LLP advises numerous blue-chip corporate clients and high-net-worth individuals on a range of real estate matters, including complex secured lending work, investments, development acquisitions and disposals. Practice head Marcus Francis is well respected, advising on high-value landlord and tenant matters and strategic land transactions. Dean Bickford acts for a number of large corporate occupiers, national charities and universities, and James Burgess has a wealth of experience in real estate mandates and is particularly active in agricultural and rural land matters.
Field Seymour Parkes LLP advises farming partnerships, trusts, and landed estates on matters such as renewable energy projects, succession planning, and the sale and acquisition of property in the South East. Practice leader Hazel Eccles focuses on acquisitions and tenancies, while James Burgess advises on rural development and agricultural property-related matters.
- Hall of Fame - South East > Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Leading individuals - South East > Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40 - South East > Real estate
- Agriculture and estates - South East > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms