Mr Jeremy Glover > Fenwick Elliott LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Fenwick Elliott LLP Offices
- Go to...
Mr Jeremy Glover
Construction and energy
Jeremy has specialised in construction energy and engineering law and related matters for most of his career. He advises on all aspects of projects both at home and abroad, from initial procurement and strategic project advice to dispute avoidance and resolution. He acts across a wide range of construction sectors in the UK and internationally, including general construction, transport, communications, process plant, oil, gas, nuclear and renewables.
Jeremy also has extensive experience of all principal main contracts including JCT, ICE, FIDIC, NEC, GC/Works, I CHEM E, subcontracts including DOM/1 and DOM/2, and numerous bespoke forms used in international and domestic construction, energy and infrastructure projects.
Partner Fenwick Elliott 2002, joined 1997.
Jeremy is the co-author of Understanding the FIDIC Red and Yellow Book: A Clause by Clause Commentary, the third edition of which was published in 2018, and lead editor of Building Contract Disputes: Practice and Precedents. Jeremy organises and regularly addresses Fenwick Elliott-hosted construction law update seminars. He also edits Fenwick Elliott’s monthly legal bulletin, Dispatch.
Jeremy is a member of the Board of Examiners on the Centre of Construction Law MSc programme at King’s College, London, where he also teaches on adjudication and FIDIC issues. He is also a guest lecturer on the MSc Building Information Modelling Management Programme at Middlesex University.
- former president and member of the Executive Board for Region 2 of the Dispute Resolution Board Foundation (DRBF);
- sitting on the CIArb Adjudication Sub-Committee;
- secretary of the London Branch of the Adjudication Society;
- member of the Technology and Construction Solicitors’ Association (TeCSA);
- member of the Society of Construction Law;
- member of the International Construction Law Association (ICLA);
- former trustee of the Construction and Development Partnership (CODEP), a construction industry-led development charity currently operating in Sierra Leone;
- member of the Advisory Panel of the Built Environment Committee for The Chancery Lane Project.
University of York (1988 BA (Hons) History).
Travel, theatre, running and Colchester United.
Fenwick Elliott LLP is best known for large-scale, high-value disputes involving international construction, infrastructure and energy projects. The practice is co-led by infrastructure disputes specialist Simon Tolson; construction expert Tony Francis; and Richard Smellie, who acts in oil and gas, power and construction sector-related disputes. Also integral to the group are ‘excellent negotiator‘ Nicholas Gould, offshore wind and energy-from-waste project disputes expert Karen Gidwani, and Jeremy Glover, who acts in international arbitrations under ICC, LCIA, UNCITRAL and ad hoc rules.