Tom Rudkin > Farrer & Co > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Farrer & Co Offices
66 LINCOLN'S INN FIELDS
- Go to...
Tom is an Partner in Farrer & Co’s Reputation Management practice, and is also a member of the firm’s Sports Group. Tom provides reputation management, contentious media and IP advice to a full range of the firm’s clients, including individuals, corporates and institutions. He has experience advising both claimants and defendants on defamation, privacy, contentious data protection, cyber security, harassment, and copyright and trademark law. He works alongside communications advisers, investigative firms, and IT and cyber security specialists to help devise strategies on, and responses to, sensitive issues where the reputational risk is significant.
Tom frequently advises sports organisations and individuals on contentious, regulatory and commercial matters. His clients include international and national sports governing bodies, as well as a number of professional sportsmen and women and other sports organisations. Tom’s experience includes advising Farrer & Co’s sports clients on various forms of dispute resolution (comprising litigation, arbitration at the Court of Arbitration for Sport, and mediation), internal investigations, disciplinary and selection issues, and the drafting of key policies (such as those relating to anti-doping and the selection of athletes for major events).
Tom has spent time in-house on two separate secondments at the Lawn Tennis Association.
Tom joined Farrer & Co as a trainee in 2011 and qualified in September 2013. He spent five months on secondment at the Lawn Tennis Association in 2013.
BA in Classics – Corpus Christi College, Oxford; GDL and LPC – BPP Professional Education
Farrer & Co‘s commercial arbitration practice covers sectors such as post-transactional and other corporate disputes, energy, financial services, construction and public procurement. The team is also expert in investor-state arbitration, art-related issues and sports disputes. ‘Highly skilled lawyer‘ Hendrik Puschmann is well known for his shipping, marine construction and energy work; Kate Allass is ‘a great strategist‘; and John Wilkinson is an asset tracing, fraud and arbitration specialist. Oliver Blundell and Tom Rudkin are the team’s key associates.
Farrer & Co‘s reputation management team has a strong record of providing strategic planning, prevention, and reactive advice in response to complex reputational situations and crises. The team acts for high-profile clients in the entertainment and creative industries, as well as the education and business spaces. With specialist expertise in the sports sector, practice head Julian Pike assists a broad range clients with pre-publication issues, the right to be forgotten, and broader cyber protection. Tom Rudkin handles defamation and libel claims for HNWIs, multinational corporations, and non-profit organisations, with a focus on online reputational issues. Associate Alicia Mendonca-Richards is also recommended.
- Next Generation Partners - London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Reputation management - London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- International arbitration - London > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Public sector > Education: institutions
- Public sector > Education: schools
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Education: individuals
- Public sector > Education: individuals
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Residential property
- Employment > Senior executives
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Investment fund formation and management > Retail funds
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Employment > Employers
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Real estate > Property finance
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration