Paul Schofield > Farleys Solicitors LLP > Preston, England > Lawyer Profile
Farleys Solicitors LLP Offices
13 Winckley Square
Preston PR1 3JJ
- Go to...
Fraud & Business Crime, and Serious Crime
Partner & Head of Department
Paul is Head of Farleys’ Fraud and Business Crime and Serious Crime department, dealing exclusively with serious/complex cases criminal defence cases. He is a Very High Cost Cases Panel supervisor and a Higher Courts (Criminal) Advocate, and has immense experience in defending clients from professional backgrounds.
His nationwide reputation has been founded upon a considerable number of high profile media interest cases. He has a well earned reputation for sustained personal attention to a case from start to finish, detailed and energetic preparation and robustly defending the rights of clients.
Paul has assisted members of British Cycling in relation to criminal matters and routinely acts for professional footballers, as well as members of the National Association of Head Teachers and the National Union of Teachers. He has also received instructions from a major political party to represent its members in relation to alleged electoral and financial fraud. Paul acts as a legal adviser to ITV’s soap Emmerdale in relation to criminal story lines.
Paul is a member of the SAS (Solicitors’ Assistance Scheme) and regularly advises solicitor clients in Law Society investigations carried out by the SRA, also representing them in disciplinary proceedings before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal. In addition, Paul is a member of The Law Society’s Panel of solicitors approved to advise other solicitors on money laundering issues.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading Individuals)
Farleys Solicitors LLP handles matters across financial and general crime and is particularly recognised for its work on high-value revenue fraud. The firms deals with a range of complex criminal cases nationally. The Preston-based Paul Schofield leads the team, with expertise in fraud and money laundering. Jonathan Taylor oversees the crime department from the Blackburn office. Bridgette Hibbert offers considerable experience in proceeds of crime applications and high-end trading standards cases.
- Crime: general crime and fraud - North West > Crime, fraud and licensing
- Leading Individuals - North West > Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general crime and fraud
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the North West
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the North West
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the North West
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester