Mrs Kriek Wille > Van Doorne > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Van Doorne Offices
1081 KM AMSTERDAM
PO BOX 75265, 1070 AG AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mrs Kriek Wille
Intellectual Property & Media; Technology, Media & Telecom; Consumer Goods, Retail, Food & Beverages; Cyber Security
Kriek heads the Intellectual Property practice and is co initiator of the Media & Technology Sector Team. In trademarks and general IP law, Kriek is both trusted advisor and litigator, with special focus on – online/digital – business and media, and the creative/innovative sector. She is especially skilled in handling complex strategic problems and files.
Kriek is a traditional soft IP and unfair competition lawyer with a strong track record in sponsoring, endorsement, (media) production and licensing projects. Kriek advises cultural and major retail organizations on the protection of design. She specializes in cases on media publicity (TV, print, online), communication and advertising law. Kriek is member of the Board of the Cobra Museum business club. Kriek has specific expertise in commercial litigation, both before national and international Courts (EUC), regularly speaks on issues of intellectual property law and authored a handbook on intellectual property rights in bankruptcies. In the past, Kriek worked for the Ministries of Economic Affairs and Justice where she was involved in policy and legislation on intellectual property and civil law. Her affinity for strategies on managing media attention was kindled when she was director of a foundation that worked for better relationships between celebrities and the media.
- Benelux Association for Trademark and Design Law (BMM)
- Dutch Copyright Association (VvA)
- The Netherlands Advertising Law Association (VvRr)
- Dutch Federation for Media and Communications Law (VMC)
- Honorary Judge at the Court of Appeal in The Hague
- Dutch Law, VU University Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 1989
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Van Doorne has wide-ranging experience across non-contentious and contentious IP, combining cross-border capabilities with expertise in anti-counterfeiting, trade mark and patent litigation. Practice head Kriek Wille is ‘a strategic thinker and a delight to work with‘, and is representing Laboratoires La Prairie in a substantial trade mark and advertising law dispute with the Lidl group. Bas Pinckaers is also noted.
At Van Doorne, the team’s strong links with other relevant practice areas such as tax and IP make the firm a popular choice for media projects and ventures that require combined expertise. The team offers clients ‘understanding of the relevant market, quick analysis of the problems involved and very practical advice‘ on matters ranging from M&A to disputes. Her ‘great knowledge‘ and ‘sharp focus‘ make Kriek Wille, who heads the practice jointly with Jeroen Sombezki, ‘a joy to work with‘. Also noted are technology specialist Louis Jonker and Marjolijn Lips, a key contact for employment matters.
Van Doorne provides end to end expertise to its food and beverages clients, who appreciate its ‘accuracy, good service and collaborative approach‘. The ‘very experienced’ Lisette Bieleveld heads up the team, and counts Starbucks Coffee Netherlands among the clients she is assisting with a range of corporate matters. The team also acts on sales, acquisitions and major supply, distribution and franchising agreements. Kriek Wille and Bart van Reeken are other senior key practitioners.
- Industry focus: Food - Netherlands
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment - Netherlands
- Leading individuals - Netherlands > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights - Netherlands
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: Mediation
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Industry focus: retail
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Environment and planning
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- EU and competition
- Private equity
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights