Mr Gijs Verberne > Van Doorne > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Van Doorne Offices
1081 KM AMSTERDAM
PO BOX 75265, 1070 AG AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Gijs Verberne
Public procurement; European & Competition Law: Antitrust, Concentrations & Dominance; Real Estate: Public-private partnership; Government & Education
Gijs is a highly experienced and internationally recommended specialist in European and Dutch tender law, WTO law, public private partnerships (PPPs), project development and construction law, property law, privatization of government responsibilities/services, and public transportation law.
Gijs is often involved in large public-private and public-public partnerships, providing assistance in complex tendering procedures. Gijs frequently litigates in tender disputes, too.
Gijs Verberne has been working for Van Doorne since 1997. He was made partner in 2006. Verberne regularly teaches postgraduate courses at the Eggens Institute of the University of Amsterdam, VU Law Academy and the Law Faculty of the University of Utrecht.
Dutch, English, French
Gijs is a member of the Dutch Association for Procurement Law and the Dutch Association of Property Lawyers.
Dutch law, Utrecht university 1996; Grotius Academy, Real Estate (with honours).
With ‘an excellent reputation in the healthcare sector’, Van Doorne also acts for clients in the food and beverage, IT, media and retail sectors. The ‘no-nonsense’ team handles the full range of competition work including EU law matters, state aid issues, competition litigation, antitrust work and procurement mandates. The ‘excellent and experienced’ Sarah Beeston and public procurement expert Gijs Verberne jointly lead the practice, which also includes counsel Cees Jan de Boer and associate Pim Jansen.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: Mediation
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: retail
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Environment and planning
- EU and competition
- Private equity
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Energy: transactional
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights