Mr Gijs Verberne > Van Doorne > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Van Doorne Offices
1081 KM AMSTERDAM
PO BOX 75265, 1070 AG AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Gijs Verberne
Public procurement; European & Competition Law: Antitrust, Concentrations & Dominance; Real Estate: Public-private partnership; Government & Education
Gijs is a highly experienced and internationally recommended specialist in European and Dutch tender law, WTO law, public private partnerships (PPPs), project development and construction law, property law, privatization of government responsibilities/services, and public transportation law.
Gijs is often involved in large public-private and public-public partnerships, providing assistance in complex tendering procedures. Gijs frequently litigates in tender disputes, too.
Gijs Verberne has been working for Van Doorne since 1997. He was made partner in 2006. Verberne regularly teaches postgraduate courses at the Eggens Institute of the University of Amsterdam, VU Law Academy and the Law Faculty of the University of Utrecht.
Dutch, English, French
Gijs is a member of the Dutch Association for Procurement Law and the Dutch Association of Property Lawyers.
Dutch law, Utrecht university 1996; Grotius Academy, Real Estate (with honours).
Van Doorne has extensive experience of providing competition rules compliance advice and training. It also assists clients with ACM inquiries and the competition rules in relation to distribution arrangements. It has a notable presence in the healthcare, retail, education, media and financial services sectors. The ‘excellent‘ Sarah Beeston and Gijs Verberne jointly lead the team and clients praise them for their ‘hands-on approach‘ and delivering ‘constructive advice‘. Associate Pim Jansen is also noted.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: Mediation
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Industry focus: retail
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Environment and planning
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- EU and competition
- Private equity
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights