Mr Bas van Zelst > Van Doorne > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Van Doorne Offices
1081 KM AMSTERDAM
PO BOX 75265, 1070 AG AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Bas van Zelst
Corporate Law: Corporate Governance; Dispute Settlement and Insurance Law: Arbitration, Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Competition Litigation, Corporate Litigation
Bas van Zelst is a partner in Van Doorne’s arbitration practice.
Furthermore, Bas is Professor of Dispute Resolution & Arbitration at Maastricht University. His research focuses on cross-border conflict resolution with particular emphasis on arbitration.
Bas combines his academic interests with conducting a broad practice. Bas has extensive experience in conducting and advising on national and international commercial arbitration and related proceedings before the regular courts. He has particular expertise in advising on, and conducting proceedings relating to, distribution agreements and a particular interest in (cross-border) seizure and enforcement proceedings. In the past, Bas was involved in (advising on) arbitration procedures under the ICC, NAI, LCIA, UNCITRAL and DIS arbitration rules.
Bas earned his doctorate with a dissertation on the establishment of European private law. In 2006 and 2007, he was a guest at Harvard Law School as a visiting researcher. In 2017, Bas was a visiting professor at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada. Bas is a member of the editorial board of Het Tijdschrift voor Arbitrage [the journal of the Dutch arbitration field].
Netherlands > Dispute resolution: arbitrationWithin: Next Generation Partners -
Van Doorne’s ‘hands-on’ group remains best known for commercial and post-M&A disputes. Insurance-related disputes are another area of strength and Maurits Kalff is a key name in this space. Jasper Leedekerken leads the practice and recently promoted partner Bas van Zelst is also noted.
- Next Generation Partners - Netherlands > Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: arbitration - Netherlands
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution: Mediation
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: retail
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Banking and finance: asset finance and structured finance
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Environment and planning
- EU and competition
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights
- Private equity