Mr Pieter van Regteren Altena > Van Doorne > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Van Doorne Offices
1081 KM AMSTERDAM
PO BOX 75265, 1070 AG AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Pieter van Regteren Altena
Litigation, Insurance Law, Commercial
Pieter specializes in liability and insurance law, concentrating on professional liability, product liability, corporate liability and related insurance aspects, as well as on non-insured inter-company liability. Pieter is particularly interested in liability for medical professionals, including medical disciplinary law.
Pieter has been a lawyer since 1980 and became a partner in the Litigation and Insurance practice of Van Doorne in 1988. He regularly lectures on insurance and liability law. Pieter is President of the Amsterdam Bar Association as per 31 October 2013.
He is a member of the International Bar Association, AIDA Europe (Association International Droit d`Assurance), the Dutch Corporate Litigation Association, the Dutch Association for Insurance Law and the Dutch Association for Civil Procedural Law.
Dutch law, Groningen University, 1980.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: Mediation
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Industry focus: retail
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Environment and planning
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- EU and competition
- Private equity
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights