Mr Pieter van Regteren Altena > Van Doorne > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Van Doorne Offices
1081 KM AMSTERDAM
PO BOX 75265, 1070 AG AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Pieter van Regteren Altena
Litigation, Insurance Law, Commercial
Pieter specializes in liability and insurance law, concentrating on professional liability, product liability, corporate liability and related insurance aspects, as well as on non-insured inter-company liability. Pieter is particularly interested in liability for medical professionals, including medical disciplinary law.
Pieter has been a lawyer since 1980 and became a partner in the Litigation and Insurance practice of Van Doorne in 1988. He regularly lectures on insurance and liability law. Pieter has been President of the Amsterdam Bar from 1 oktober 2013 up to 1 april 2019.
He is a member of the International Bar Association, AIDA Europe (Association International Droit d`Assurance), the Dutch Corporate Litigation Association, the Dutch Association for Insurance Law and the Dutch Association for Civil Procedural Law.
Dutch law, Groningen University, 1980.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: Mediation
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: retail
- Investment funds
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Energy: regulatory
- Energy: transactional
- EU and competition
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights
- Private equity