Mr Albert van Marwijk Kooy > Van Doorne > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Van Doorne Offices
1081 KM AMSTERDAM
PO BOX 75265, 1070 AG AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Albert van Marwijk Kooy
Employment & Pension: Pension Law, Directors and Governance; Financial Institutions: Pension Services
Albert is a seasoned specialist in pension law. He has many years of experience advising on the interface between pension law, employment law and corporate law, and has a strong background in complex litigation.
Albert is guest lecturer in pension law at Leiden University and publishes frequently in the field. Several international directories recommend Albert as an expert on pension law.
Dutch, English, French, German
Albert is the Chair of the Dutch Association of Pension Lawyers, and a member of the Dutch Pension Law Association, the International Pension and Employee Benefits Lawyers Association and the Dutch Labour Law Association.
Dutch Law, Groningen University. Master of Laws, Duke University, USA. Certified Pension Lawyer, VU University Amsterdam
Netherlands > Employment
‘Top quality and well resourced‘, the Van Doorne team is also highlighted for its ‘thorough knowledge of cross-border jurisdictional issues‘. Els de Wind is highly rated for her ‘remarkable long-standing experience in handling cross-border employment matters’ and her profile in the profession further ‘distinguishes her and gives her an enhanced and valuable quality‘. Marjolijn Lips co-heads the team with de Wind and ‘trusted and valued‘ senior associate Cara Pronk is marked out as ‘a rising professional in employment cross-border matters‘. Willemien Bischot and Steven Sterk are also key team members and Albert van Marwijk Kooy continues to advise on pension issues. In addition to advising on large-scale reorganisations, it advises on high-level dismissals, works council and union issues.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution: Mediation
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: retail
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Banking and finance: asset finance and structured finance
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Environment and planning
- EU and competition
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights
- Private equity