Mr Albert van Marwijk Kooy > Van Doorne > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Van Doorne Offices
1081 KM AMSTERDAM
PO BOX 75265, 1070 AG AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Albert van Marwijk Kooy
Employment & Pension: Pension Law, Directors and Governance; Financial Institutions: Pension Services
Albert is a seasoned specialist in pension law. He has many years of experience advising on the interface between pension law, employment law and corporate law, and has a strong background in complex litigation.
Albert is guest lecturer in pension law at Leiden University and publishes frequently in the field. Several international directories recommend Albert as an expert on pension law.
Dutch, English, French, German
Albert is the Chair of the Dutch Association of Pension Lawyers, and a member of the Dutch Pension Law Association, the International Pension and Employee Benefits Lawyers Association and the Dutch Labour Law Association.
Dutch Law, Groningen University. Master of Laws, Duke University, USA. Certified Pension Lawyer, VU University Amsterdam
Van Doorne remains one of the key firms in the Netherlands for employment law and other related advisory work. Additionally, the firm houses one of the jurisdiction’s strongest pension teams, with a good number of sector-wide and individual company pension funds among its client list. The firm is active in both advisory work and disputes, providing a full service across all aspects of employment law. Els de Wind focuses on cross-border matters and co-heads the team along with Marjolijn Lips. Other key figures within the team include specialist pension law advisor Albert van Marwijk Kooy, as well as senior associates Steven Sterk, who is particularly experienced in worker participation matters, and Cara Pronk, who assists de Wind in the international employment practice.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: Mediation
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Industry focus: retail
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Environment and planning
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- EU and competition
- Private equity
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights