Mr Ed van Liere > Van Doorne > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Van Doorne Offices
1081 KM AMSTERDAM
PO BOX 75265, 1070 AG AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Ed van Liere
Criminal Defence & Internal Investigations
Ed has extensive experience in representing and advising clients in the area of economic law, environmental criminal law and fraud. Other lawyers and advisors often seek his strategic and tactical advice with regard to (internal) investigations.
Ed joined Van Doorne on 1 January 2017.
English and Dutch
Ed was a member of the General Council of the Netherlands Bar Association. Currently he gives regular lectures about corporate criminal law at several institutions.
Ed read criminal law in Leiden.
Van Doorne‘s practice was strengthened by the hire of counsel Vanessa Liem from the Institute for Financial Crime; Liem jointly heads the practice alongside the experienced Jan Leliveld and Ed van Liere. This has bolstered the firm’s already strong offering across white-collar crime issues, acting for national and international companies, alongside senior management on compliance and regulatory issues, internal investigations, and representation in criminal litigation. Matters include money-laundering, corruption, and other forms of workplace misconduct, with the team able to work on cross-border and multi-jurisdictional cases.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: Mediation
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Industry focus: retail
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Environment and planning
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- EU and competition
- Private equity
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights