Mr Jeroen Sombezki > Van Doorne > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Van Doorne Offices
1081 KM AMSTERDAM
PO BOX 75265, 1070 AG AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Jeroen Sombezki
Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity; Technology, Media & Telecom
Jeroen is part of the Corporate team. He is an expert in the area of Mergers & Acquisitions, joint-ventures, participations and capital market transactions.
Jeroen advises businesses, the corporate sector, investors and banks with regard to mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, participations and capital market transactions. He focuses particularly on (inter)national mid-market M&A and Private Equity transactions in the Technology, Media & Telecom sector.
Jeroen has developed a special expertise, giving structure to acquisitions and the protection of ‘thriving corporations’ and carve-out transactions, whereby non-core assets are being detached and sold off, and dealing with all the legal challenges involved. Jeroen is also part of the Technology Transactions team. This integrated and multidisciplinary team of experts gives advice to clients with regard to transactions which include distinctive technology components.
- Dutch Bar Association
- Jeroen is regularly involved as a lecturer on post-academic courses within the field of Dutch corporate law and mergers and acquisitions
- MBA highlighst program, INSEAD, Fontainebleau, January 2008
- Professional education Dutch Bar Association 2007
- Dutch Law (corporate and commercial), Leiden University, the Netherlands, 2004
Van Doorne’s practice focuses on corporate and advisory matters in the media and entertainment sector, and also handles contracts, licenses, and disputes and litigation. The practice is well placed to handle multi-faceted media projects, drawing on expertise from its IP, IT, corporate, employment and tax groups. Kriek Wille is a key name for sponsorship and endorsement projects, production and licensing, and litigation. Jeroen Sombezki, who jointly heads the practice with Wille, focuses on M&A, private equity and venture capital transactions. Arbitration specialist Rogier Schellaars joined as partner from Simmons & Simmons.
Van Doorne’s practice ‘delivers on every transaction it handles’ with a mid-market focus. The group’s sector-specific approach encompasses the TMT, real estate, consumer goods and retail areas; the Dutch team also acts for a substantial roster of private equity clients. Jeroen Sombezki leads the department, which also includes a distinct restructuring and distressed M&A team. Onno Boerstra, Hugo Reumkens and Friso Foppes are other key names to note, along with newly promoted partner Steffen Alleman and Meltem Koning-Gungormez, who joined with her team from Kennedy Van der Laan in mid-2020.
With expertise in mid-market work, Van Doorne’s ‘undoubtedly very competent practice’ is a go-to name for management teams involved in large private and public private equity transactions. The team’s sector approach spans the healthcare, finance, real estate and retail industries; Meltem Koning-Gungormez’s recruitment from Kennedy Van der Laan also expanded the firm’s technology and media sector experience. Other key practitioners include practice head Jeroen Sombezki, Onno Boerstra and Friso Foppes.
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment - Netherlands
- Commercial, corporate and M&a - Netherlands
- Private equity - Netherlands
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: Mediation
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: retail
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Environment and planning
- EU and competition
- Private equity
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Energy: transactional
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights