Mr Jeroen Sombezki > Van Doorne > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Van Doorne Offices
1081 KM AMSTERDAM
PO BOX 75265, 1070 AG AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Jeroen Sombezki
Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity; Technology, Media & Telecom
Jeroen is part of the Corporate team. He is an expert in the area of Mergers & Acquisitions, joint-ventures, participations and capital market transactions.
Jeroen advises businesses, the corporate sector, investors and banks with regard to mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, participations and capital market transactions. He focuses particularly on (inter)national mid-market M&A and Private Equity transactions in the Technology, Media & Telecom sector.
Jeroen has developed a special expertise, giving structure to acquisitions and the protection of ‘thriving corporations’ and carve-out transactions, whereby non-core assets are being detached and sold off, and dealing with all the legal challenges involved. Jeroen is also part of the Technology Transactions team. This integrated and multidisciplinary team of experts gives advice to clients with regard to transactions which include distinctive technology components.
- Dutch Bar Association
- Jeroen is regularly involved as a lecturer on post-academic courses within the field of Dutch corporate law and mergers and acquisitions
- MBA highlighst program, INSEAD, Fontainebleau, January 2008
- Professional education Dutch Bar Association 2007
- Dutch Law (corporate and commercial), Leiden University, the Netherlands, 2004
Van Doorne‘s private equity practice is noted for its specialist knowledge in advising the management of target companies in PE transactions, but also sponsors that invest in healthcare and FinTech. The team also assists a good number Dutch and international PE houses in transactions, and frequently acts as Dutch co-counsel with top-tier US firms when their PE clients acquire Dutch assets. Corporate/M&A practice head Jeroen Sombezki leads the department.
At Van Doorne, the team’s strong links with other relevant practice areas such as tax and IP make the firm a popular choice for media projects and ventures that require combined expertise. The team offers clients ‘understanding of the relevant market, quick analysis of the problems involved and very practical advice‘ on matters ranging from M&A to disputes. Her ‘great knowledge‘ and ‘sharp focus‘ make Kriek Wille, who heads the practice jointly with Jeroen Sombezki, ‘a joy to work with‘. Also noted are technology specialist Louis Jonker and Marjolijn Lips, a key contact for employment matters.
With a ‘good quality combination of all-round lawyers and specialists‘, Van Doorne handles M&A, privatisations, private equity transactions and joint ventures and leverages its sector-specific expertise. The group has also teamed up with one of Europe’s leading cybersecurity companies to develop a cybersecurity audit and due diligence product for its clients. Jeroen Sombezki leads the team; Onno Boerstra handles private equity work, joint ventures and management buyouts; and Hugo Reumkens and Friso Foppes advise Dutch and foreign companies, private equity funds and other investors. Steffen Alleman is also a key name to note.
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment - Netherlands
- Private equity - Netherlands
- Commercial, corporate and M&a - Netherlands
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: Mediation
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Industry focus: retail
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Environment and planning
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- EU and competition
- Private equity
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights