Mr Jeroen Sombezki > Van Doorne > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Van Doorne Offices
1081 KM AMSTERDAM
PO BOX 75265, 1070 AG AMSTERDAM
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Mr Jeroen Sombezki
Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity; Technology, Media & Telecom
Jeroen is part of the Corporate team. He is an expert in the area of Mergers & Acquisitions, joint-ventures, participations and capital market transactions.
Jeroen advises businesses, the corporate sector, investors and banks with regard to mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, participations and capital market transactions. He focuses particularly on (inter)national mid-market M&A and Private Equity transactions in the Technology, Media & Telecom sector.
Jeroen has developed a special expertise, giving structure to acquisitions and the protection of ‘thriving corporations’ and carve-out transactions, whereby non-core assets are being detached and sold off, and dealing with all the legal challenges involved. Jeroen is also part of the Technology Transactions team. This integrated and multidisciplinary team of experts gives advice to clients with regard to transactions which include distinctive technology components.
- Dutch Bar Association
- Jeroen is regularly involved as a lecturer on post-academic courses within the field of Dutch corporate law and mergers and acquisitions
- MBA highlighst program, INSEAD, Fontainebleau, January 2008
- Professional education Dutch Bar Association 2007
- Dutch Law (corporate and commercial), Leiden University, the Netherlands, 2004
Netherlands > Industry focus: Media and entertainment
Van Doorne’s expertise covers the key areas of television and film, gaming, music, publishing, leisure, sports, theatre and museums. Its work covers a broad scope of contentious, advisory and transactional matters. The firm is best known for media transactions, projects and ventures that require multidisciplinary strength across IP, IT, corporate, employment and tax. Kriek Wille, who is an ‘all-around terrific litigator’, ‘sees the big picture, her work product – and that of her team – is always excellent, and she’s practical at the same time’. She co-heads the practice with corporate and M&A specialist Jeroen Sombezki.
Netherlands > Commercial, corporate and M&a
Van Doorne’s ‘brilliant’ team covers M&A, public to private and joint venture transactions, placing clear emphasis on the upper mid-market. Practice head Jeroen Sombezki has a track record in TMT-related deals and is supported by Onno Boerstra whose expertise lies in cross-border M&A and buy-out transactions. Other industries of activity include energy, fintech, financial services, healthcare and life sciences.
Netherlands > Private equity
At Van Doorne, the ‘excellent’ private equity team has specialist knowledge of the healthcare, life sciences, financial services, TMT, real estate, construction and retail sectors among others; the bulk of its activities are within the €50 to €250m range. The team is led by Jeroen Sombezki, who has ‘extensive knowledge‘ of MBO, MBI, M&A and public takeover transactions, in addition to corporate governance and restructuring mandates.
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment - Netherlands
- Commercial, corporate and M&a - Netherlands
- Private equity - Netherlands
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: Mediation
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: retail
- Investment funds
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Energy: regulatory
- Energy: transactional
- EU and competition
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights
- Private equity