Mr Louis Jonker > Van Doorne > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Van Doorne Offices
1081 KM AMSTERDAM
PO BOX 75265, 1070 AG AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Louis Jonker
Information & Communication Technology: Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) law, Outsourcing; Technology, Media & Telecom; Financial Institutions: FinTech; Healthcare & Life Sciences: Healthcare Information Technology; Cyber Security
Louis Jonker is a leading expert in law and technology. Besides assisting clients in IT and Outsourcing projects, Louis focusses on legal issues and strategic partnerships concerning (disruptive) technologies and innovations in the financial industry (FinTech, InsurTech) and healthcare industry (eHealth, HealthTech).
Louis has much experience across the full cycle of IT and Outsourcing projects. This includes advising clients during the preparations of an IT procurement process and drafting and reviewing the contract documentation needed. But also assisting clients during contract negotiations and – unhoped-for – in dispute resolution. Furthermore, Louis is engaged actively in addressing the legal issues and challenges in the areas of Cloud, Blockchain, Electronic Identification and Authentication, Artificial Intelligence and Robotization, with regard to contracts as well as compliance issues.
Louis’ clients call him extremely trustworthy and value his pragmatic approach with advice that reflects his astute insight into the subject matter and interests involved in the relevant industry.
In addition to various memberships of national and international associations, Louis is a frequent speaker at national and international conferences and seminars and he teaches at Tilburg Institute for Law, Technology and Society (TILT), TIAS Business School and Nyenrode Business University. Furthermore, Louis is very active in Holland FinTech and Platform Outsourcing Nederland (PON).
- International Technology Law Association (ITechLaw)
- Netherlands Association of Computer Lawyers (VIRA)
- Lecturer on ‘Contracts & ICT’, Tilburg Institute for Law, Technology, and Society (TILT), Tilburg University
- Netherlands Association for IT and Law (NVvIR)
- Platform Outsourcing Nederland
- Holland FinTech
- Lecturer at Nyenrode Business University
- Postgraduate degree in Computer Law, cum laude, Grotius Academy, the Netherlands, 2008
- Dutch Law, University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 2000
Netherlands > Industry focus: Information technologyWithin: Next Generation Partners -
‘A well skilled and dedicated team of lawyers who deliver what they promise‘ is one verdict on Van Doorne; others report ‘it has great industry knowledge‘ and due to the size of the practice ‘can handle tough deadlines’. Bart van Reeken ‘is an example of a negotiator who achieves business goals using his knowledge and charm in a very balanced way‘, while Elisabeth Thole is also highlighted for ‘combining incredible knowledge of the law and an economical approach‘. Counsel Louis Jonker co-heads the firm’s FinTech and the digital health practices. Kees Stuurman left the firm.
Netherlands > Industry focus: Media and entertainment
The Van Doorne team is recommended for being ‘very dedicated and able to bring together the right experts in a team‘. Kriek Wille and Louis Jonker are highlighted for their ‘tactical‘ approach to solving disputes. Jeroen Sombezki specialises in sector-related corporate matters and Marjolijn Lips likewise for employment matters. The team has an established client base that includes Walt Disney as well as publishers, broadcasters, and gaming organisations. It acted for Erdee Media Group on a range of matters including copyright and data protection and also represented the client in an appeal case on alleged unlawful publishing and the legitimacy of keeping news articles in online archives.
- Industry focus: Information technology - Netherlands
- Next Generation Partners - Netherlands > Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment - Netherlands
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution: Mediation
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: retail
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Banking and finance: asset finance and structured finance
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Environment and planning
- EU and competition
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights
- Private equity