Mr Louis Jonker > Van Doorne > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Van Doorne Offices
1081 KM AMSTERDAM
PO BOX 75265, 1070 AG AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Louis Jonker
Information & Communication Technology: Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) law, Outsourcing; Technology, Media & Telecom; Financial Institutions: FinTech; Healthcare & Life Sciences: Healthcare Information Technology; Cyber Security
Louis Jonker is a leading expert in law and technology. Besides assisting clients in IT and Outsourcing projects, Louis focusses on legal issues and strategic partnerships concerning (disruptive) technologies and innovations in the financial industry (FinTech, InsurTech) and healthcare industry (eHealth, HealthTech).
Louis has much experience across the full cycle of IT and Outsourcing projects. This includes advising clients during the preparations of an IT procurement process and drafting and reviewing the contract documentation needed. But also assisting clients during contract negotiations and – unhoped-for – in dispute resolution. Furthermore, Louis is engaged actively in addressing the legal issues and challenges in the areas of Cloud, Blockchain, Electronic Identification and Authentication, Artificial Intelligence and Robotization, with regard to contracts as well as compliance issues.
Louis’ clients call him extremely trustworthy and value his pragmatic approach with advice that reflects his astute insight into the subject matter and interests involved in the relevant industry.
In addition to various memberships of national and international associations, Louis is a frequent speaker at national and international conferences and seminars and he teaches at Tilburg Institute for Law, Technology and Society (TILT), TIAS Business School and Nyenrode Business University. Furthermore, Louis is very active in Holland FinTech and Platform Outsourcing Nederland (PON).
- International Technology Law Association (ITechLaw)
- Netherlands Association of Computer Lawyers (VIRA)
- Lecturer on ‘Contracts & ICT’, Tilburg Institute for Law, Technology, and Society (TILT), Tilburg University
- Netherlands Association for IT and Law (NVvIR)
- Platform Outsourcing Nederland
- Holland FinTech
- Lecturer at Nyenrode Business University
- Postgraduate degree in Computer Law, cum laude, Grotius Academy, the Netherlands, 2008
- Dutch Law, University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 2000
At Van Doorne, the team’s strong links with other relevant practice areas such as tax and IP make the firm a popular choice for media projects and ventures that require combined expertise. The team offers clients ‘understanding of the relevant market, quick analysis of the problems involved and very practical advice‘ on matters ranging from M&A to disputes. Her ‘great knowledge‘ and ‘sharp focus‘ make Kriek Wille, who heads the practice jointly with Jeroen Sombezki, ‘a joy to work with‘. Also noted are technology specialist Louis Jonker and Marjolijn Lips, a key contact for employment matters.
The Van Doorne practice is praised by clients for its customer care and the breadth of its expertise. Team head Bart van Reeken is singled out for his ‘personal touch‘ whilst dealing with high-stakes cases. His clients range from large corporates to start-ups, which he assists with outsourcings, joint ventures and a range of IT contracts. Louis Jonker stands out for his ‘smart, highly driven’ approach to transactions and contentious work; he has a focus on the digital health and fintech sectors. Arno Voerman is noted for his expertise in fintech regulation and Elisabeth Thole is well known on the data protection front.
- Industry focus: Information technology - Netherlands
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment - Netherlands
- Next Generation Partners - Netherlands > Industry focus: Information technology
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: Mediation
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Industry focus: retail
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Environment and planning
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- EU and competition
- Private equity
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights