Mr Louis Jonker > Van Doorne > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Van Doorne Offices
1081 KM AMSTERDAM
PO BOX 75265, 1070 AG AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Louis Jonker
Information & Communication Technology: Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) law, Outsourcing; Technology, Media & Telecom; Financial Institutions: FinTech; Healthcare & Life Sciences: Healthcare Information Technology; Cyber Security; Blockchain
Louis Jonker is a leading expert in law and technology. Louis has much experience across the full cycle of IT (sourcing) projects, especially in the (semi-)public sector. This includes advising clients during IT procurement processes and drafting and reviewing contract documentation. But also assisting clients during contract negotiations and in contract management issues and disputes.
Besides assisting clients in IT (sourcing) projects, Louis focusses on legal issues and strategic partnerships concerning (disruptive) technologies and innovations in the financial industry (FinTech) and healthcare industry (eHealth). Furthermore, Louis is engaged actively in addressing the legal issues and challenges in the areas of Cloud, Blockchain, Electronic Identification and Artificial Intelligence, regarding contracts as well as compliance issues.
Louis joined Van Doorne in 2006, coming from a IT law boutique firm where he started his legal career in 2001. He was admitted to the Amsterdam Bar in 2002.
Besides being a frequent speaker at national and international events, Louis is a lecturer in MBA in Healthcare Management at the Amsterdam Business School (part of the University of Amsterdam), and a lecturer in the postgraduate program Data Science & Data Protection at the Centre for Professional Legal Education (CPO; part of the Radboud University Nijmegen). Furthermore, he chairs the programming committee of Sourcing Nederland, a member association for sourcing professionals.
Louis co-authored the Safety & Reliability chapter of both the 2019 version and 2021 update of ITechLaw’s Responsible AI Global Policy Framework, including the accompanying practical 2021 Responsible AI Impact Assessment template.
- International Technology Law Association (ITechLaw)
- Netherlands Association of Computer Lawyers (VIRA)
- Netherlands Association for IT and Law (NVvIR)
- Sourcing Nederland
- Holland FinTech
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
- Postgraduate degree in Computer Law, cum laude, Grotius Academy, the Netherlands, 2008
- Dutch Law, University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 2000
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
The ICT team at Van Doorne is a market leader in global outsourcing and cloud transactions. It continues to explore new technology areas with clients, including AI, fintech, digital health and blockchain. The multidisciplinary team draws on strength from its experts in data protection and security, regulatory compliance, employment, and IP protection and enforcement. Bart van Reeken advises on outsourcings, IT projects and joint ventures, and counts large Dutch banks, insurance companies and multinationals among his client base. Counsel Louis Jonker focuses on disruptive technologies and innovations in the financial sector.
Van Doorne is highly experienced in the fintech sector, with a dedicated team that handles the full spectrum of work for such clients. Additionally, the team is well-known for its experience in pensions, with senior associate Sijbren Kuiper handling regulatory matters in the sector, while Friso Foppes advises on transactions. Other key names within the team include fintech specialist Louis Jonker and civil litigation specialist Simone Hoogeveen.
- Industry focus: Information technology - Netherlands
- Next Generation Partners - Netherlands > Industry focus: Information technology
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory - Netherlands
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: Mediation
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: retail
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Environment and planning
- EU and competition
- Private equity
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Energy: transactional
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights