Mr Walter Hendriksen > Van Doorne > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Van Doorne Offices
1081 KM AMSTERDAM
PO BOX 75265, 1070 AG AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Walter Hendriksen
Dispute settlement and Insurance Law: Commercial Litigation, Arbitration, Litigation, Insurance Law, Corporate Litigation; Corporate Law: Corporate Governance
Walter heads the Litigation and Insurance practice group. Within this general practice group, he mainly deals with complex forms of D&O and professional liability, as well as insurance law.
Walter’s clients are typically professional services organizations (especially lawyers, civil-law notaries, accountants and tax consultants).
Walter was President of the Netherlands Bar Association from 1 July 2013 until 1 January 2016.
From 1999 to 2006, Walter served as the acting Dean of the Amsterdam Bar Association and a member of its Supervisory Board. Walter was a member of the editorial board for the disciplinary law section of the Dutch magazine Advocatenblad (Lawyer’s Journal) besides practicing law. Futhermore, Walter has a number of sidelines.
A graduate of Utrecht University, Walter invariably appears on the ‘recommended lists’ of such leading directories as Chambers & Partners and the Legal 500.
Walter has been a lawyer with Van Doorne since 1983 and a partner since 1991.
German, English, Dutch.
Walter is a member of the Dutch Corporate Litigation Association.
Dutch Law, Utrecht University.
Netherlands > Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
Van Doorne fields ‘a sharp and competent team’. Practice co-head Jasper Leedekerken and Sjoerd Kamerbeek, who was promoted to partner in 2018, are representing Innsworth Advisors in proceedings against Steinhoff Holdings N.V. following accounting regularities at the company which resulted in shareholder losses. Fellow co-heads Lisette Bieleveld and Walter Hendriksen are acting for Catella Bank against a Dutch real estate investor and the Dutch State Lottery in a long-running class action.
Netherlands > InsuranceWithin: Leading individuals -
Annemieke Hendrikse heads the team at Van Doorne and alongside Walter Hendriksen offers expertise in directors’ and officers’ liability, professional liability insurance, and fraud. The team is acting for many of the major insurance companies and corporates on matters including W&I policies, misleading selling, and a cross-border class action. Martine Höfelt, formerly a counsel with the firm, left the firm.
- Insurance - Netherlands
- Leading individuals - Netherlands > Insurance
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation - Netherlands
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution: Mediation
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: retail
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Banking and finance: asset finance and structured finance
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Environment and planning
- EU and competition
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights
- Private equity