Mr Onno Boerstra > Van Doorne > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Van Doorne Offices
1081 KM AMSTERDAM
PO BOX 75265, 1070 AG AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Onno Boerstra
Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity
Onno specializes in mergers and acquisitions, private equity and buyouts and management participations. Several independent, international surveys have specifically recommended Onno in these areas. Onno represents various Dutch and foreign companies, private equity funds and other investors, mainly in cross-border transactions. He also frequently acts for management teams in buy-outs.
Onno has a broad managerial experience. He was managing partner at VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne in Curaçao, where he was responsible for managing and reorganizing the Curaçao and Aruban offices. Onno likewise served as the managing partner at Van Doorne’s Amsterdam office from 2007 to 2010. Since 2018 he is the firm’s senior partner.
Number 1 ranking in Mergermarket Benelux League Table 2011
Number 1 ranking in M&A deals Netherlands 2018: both Volume and Value
Nominated as Best M&A Lawyer by Dutch M&A Awards 2018 and 2020
Best M&A lawyer (Gouden Zandloper) Netherlands 2017 and 2019
English, German and Dutch.
Onno is a member of the International Bar Association (IBA).
Dutch Law, VU University Amsterdam; Master of Laws (LL.M) Cornell Law School, New York.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Van Doorne’s ‘brilliant’ team covers M&A, public to private and joint venture transactions, placing clear emphasis on the upper mid-market. Practice head Jeroen Sombezki has a track record in TMT-related deals and is supported by Onno Boerstra whose expertise lies in cross-border M&A and buy-out transactions. Other industries of activity include energy, fintech, financial services, healthcare and life sciences.
- Leading individuals - Netherlands > Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Commercial, corporate and M&a - Netherlands
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: Mediation
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: retail
- Investment funds
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Energy: regulatory
- Energy: transactional
- EU and competition
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights
- Private equity