Mr Onno Boerstra > Van Doorne > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Van Doorne Offices
1081 KM AMSTERDAM
PO BOX 75265, 1070 AG AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Onno Boerstra
Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity
Onno specializes in mergers and acquisitions, private equity and buyouts and management participations. Several independent, international surveys have specifically recommended Onno in these areas. Onno represents various Dutch and foreign companies, private equity funds and other investors, mainly in cross-border transactions. He also frequently acts for management teams in buy-outs.
Onno has a broad managerial experience. He was managing partner at VanEps Kunneman VanDoorne in Curaçao, where he was responsible for managing and reorganizing the Curaçao and Aruban offices. Onno likewise served as the managing partner at Van Doorne’s Amsterdam office from 2007 to 2010. Since 2018 he is the firm’s senior partner.
Number 1 ranking in Mergermarket Benelux League Table 2011
Number 1 ranking in M&A deals Netherlands 2018: both Volume and Value
Nominated as Best M&A Lawyer by Dutch M&A Awards 2018
Best M&A lawyer (Gouden Zandloper) Netherlands 2017 and 2019
English, German and Dutch.
Onno is a member of the International Bar Association (IBA).
Dutch Law, VU University Amsterdam; Master of Laws (LL.M) Cornell Law School, New York.
Van Doorne‘s clients point to its ‘wide variety of expertise and in-depth knowledge’ as a key strength of the group. Practice head Lisette Bieleveld is highly rated for her skills in retail-related contracting and litigation, Onno Boerstra focuses on M&A including buy-outs, and Elisabeth Thole brings data protection expertise, while Els de Wind handles international labour and employment law. The team provides retailers, distributors, suppliers, franchisors, brand owners and investors with a comprehensive service including advice on cross-border expansions.
With a ‘good quality combination of all-round lawyers and specialists‘, Van Doorne handles M&A, privatisations, private equity transactions and joint ventures and leverages its sector-specific expertise. The group has also teamed up with one of Europe’s leading cybersecurity companies to develop a cybersecurity audit and due diligence product for its clients. Jeroen Sombezki leads the team; Onno Boerstra handles private equity work, joint ventures and management buyouts; and Hugo Reumkens and Friso Foppes advise Dutch and foreign companies, private equity funds and other investors. Steffen Alleman is also a key name to note.
- Industry focus: retail - Netherlands
- Leading individuals - Netherlands > Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Commercial, corporate and M&a - Netherlands
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: Mediation
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Industry focus: retail
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Environment and planning
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- EU and competition
- Private equity
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights