Mr Özer Zivali > Van Doorne > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Van Doorne Offices
1081 KM AMSTERDAM
PO BOX 75265, 1070 AG AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Özer Zivali
Privacy and Data
Özer is a member of the Privacy Team and is specialized in privacy, data protection, data technologies and (cyber) security. He has extensive experience in effectively assisting multinationals in complex, high risk, and cross-border data related matters. This includes high impact data breaches, the development and implementation of innovative data technologies, enforcement by authorities and complex data sharing structures, and strategic advice on translating the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to the business needs of clients.
Özer has also extensive experience in advising companies on other data protection related matters, such as negotiating data processing or other data protection related agreements, loyalty programs, profiling, compliance projects for customer and employee data, apps, web shops, and international transfers of personal data, including Binding Corporate Rules. Özer also has experience in IT contracting and outsourcing.
Dutch, English, Turkish
Özer is a member of the Dutch Association for Privacy Law (VPR) and the Netherlands Association for Information Technology and Law (NVvIR).
Özer studied for a Bachelor’s degree in European Law School at Maastricht University. He went on to obtain a Master’s degree in European Law School and a Master’s degree in Dutch Law, specializing in commercial and corporate law, also from Maastricht University.
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
The ‘pragmatic and fast-paced’ practice at Van Doorne handles the full range of data protection and cybersecurity mandates with significant expertise in high-risk, multi-jurisdictional matters including contentious work. Recent highlights include advising GGD GHOR on a Dutch DPA investigation in relation to a data theft involving the processing of Covid-19 health data; and acting for New York Pizza, which was involved in an extortion threat following the theft of its customer and employee data. ‘Calm, precise and pragmatic practitioner’ Elisabeth Thole heads up the group, which also includes newly promoted counsel Özer Zivali, who is active in contentious matters.
- Data privacy and data protection - Netherlands
- Rising stars - Netherlands > Data privacy and data protection
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: Mediation
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: retail
- Investment funds
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Energy: regulatory
- Energy: transactional
- EU and competition
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights
- Private equity