Mr Maarten Appels > Van Doorne > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Van Doorne Offices
1081 KM AMSTERDAM
PO BOX 75265, 1070 AG AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Maarten Appels
Maarten is an experienced specialist in corporate law. He has a wealth of experience with national and international mergers and acquisitions, acting for investment companies, banks and other undertakings. Maarten also advises corporate governance, joint venture structures and reorganizations.
Maarten is the author of several posts for the website www.corporatelawblog.nl, an initiative of Van Doorne. He was closely involved in the groundwork for the Private Company Law (Simplification and Flexibilisation) Act, and the Management and Supervision (Public and Private Companies) Act.
After graduating from the University of Utrecht in 2006 Maarten studied a semester at the University of Stellenbosch (South Africa). Maarten is a member of the Royal Dutch Association of Civil-law Notaries.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: Mediation
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Industry focus: retail
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Environment and planning
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- EU and competition
- Private equity
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights