Mr Dominic Ward > Andrew Jackson Solicitors LLP > Hull, England > Lawyer Profile
Andrew Jackson Solicitors LLP Offices
- Go to...
Mr Dominic Ward
Shipping & Transport
Head of Shipping & Transport, Partner
Dominic has over 30 years’ experience in dealing with shipping and trade disputes.
He has been involved in many high-profile cases relating to bills of lading, charter parties, forwarding, cargo quality and the passing of risk and ownership in international sale of goods. These cases have been in the High Court, Court of Appeal and international arbitrations. In addition, Dominic has been involved in negotiating contracts on major projects such as Nord Stream II ( gas pipeline between Russia and Germany). Dominic’s client-base is national and international with regular instructions from Scandinavia and India in particular.
Andrew Jackson Solicitors LLP fields in-depth knowledge in shipping, transport and fisheries law, where it advises on matters ranging from commercial contracts to personal injury claims. Dominic Ward leads the practice and has extensive expertise in dry shipping and cargo matters, particularly in regard to charterparty disputes and the carriage of goods and cargo. Andrew Oliver is particularly well versed in UK fisheries law, but also regularly handles contentious and regulatory work in addition to ship finance matters. Associate Sarah Pether is frequently sought out by insurers and P&I clubs to assist with defendant personal injury claims.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Hull and East Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Hull and East Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Hull and East Yorkshire
- Employment > Employment: Hull and East Yorkshire
- Private client > Family: elsewhere in Yorkshire
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Property litigation