Mr Stephen Unwin > Andrew Jackson Solicitors LLP > Hull, England > Lawyer Profile
Andrew Jackson Solicitors LLP Offices
- Go to...
Mr Stephen Unwin
Stephen has more than 25 years’ experience as a real estate solicitor and has developed a specialism in renewable energy, acting for landowners and farmers on several wind farm projects in Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and East Anglia.
Stephen has recently acted on a large onshore wind turbine scheme in connection with the grant of headlease to landowning family owned special purchase vehicle company, grant of lease to developer/operator and contemporaneous completion of Deed of Agreement governing the relationship of landowners with developer/operator to cater for the leasehold structure – one of the few large scale wind farms being progressed currently in East Yorkshire.
Noted for its expertise in the renewables and agricultural sectors, Andrew Jackson Solicitors LLP has demonstrable experience in development projects, site acquisitions and disposals, property portfolio management and investment work, and counts national port and dock operators among its roster of clients. Following the recent retirement of Paul Barker, the ‘extremely responsive’ team in Hull is jointly led by retail and development expert Richard Mays and Geoff Phillips, who advises occupying businesses and investors on property acquisitions and disposals. Other key members of the team include Andrea Hewitt, who handles end to end development work, Stephen Unwin, David Dixon and Adrian West.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
The energy team at Andrew Jackson Solicitors LLP handles dock infrastructure projects and offshore wind farm development mandates, and additionally advises port operators on commercial contracts, agreements and leases. Marine specialist Andrew Oliver jointly leads the practice alongside real estate expert Stephen Unwin, who assists on matters relating to wind farms and onshore renewable energy. David Dixon and associate Martin Collingwood are also key members of the team.
- Commercial property: Hull and East Yorkshire - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate
- Infrastructure and energy - Yorkshire and the Humber > Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Hull and East Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Hull and East Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Hull and East Yorkshire
- Employment > Employment: Hull and East Yorkshire
- Private client > Family: elsewhere in Yorkshire
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Property litigation