Mr Carlos de Cárdenas Smith > Uría Menéndez > Madrid, Spain > Lawyer Profile
Uría Menéndez Offices
PRÍNCIPE DE VERGARA 187
PLAZA RODRÍGUEZ URÍA
- Go to...
Mr Carlos de Cárdenas Smith
Carlos is the head of the corporate and commercial group of Uría Menéndez. He began his career in Uría Menéndez in 1989. Between 1995 and 1996 he was an international associate at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP in New York. He was head partner of the firm’s New York office for three years, after which he returned to the Madrid office.
Carlos focuses his practice on M&A, banking and finance and restructuring. He has been involved in many of the most significant finance and restructuring transactions in Spain.
Madrid Bar Association; American Foreign Law Association; International Bar Association; Licensed as a Legal Consultant, New York Bar Association, 1997-2000; Director of the Spain-US Chamber of Commerce, 1997-2000; Member of the Association Européenne d’Etudes Juridiques et Fiscales; Loan Market Association.
Law Degree, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, 1989; Leading Professional Service Firms. Executive Education, Harvard Business School, June 2008.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame) (Leading individuals) (Leading individuals) (Hall of Fame)
- Hall of Fame - Spain > Projects and energy
- Hall of Fame - Spain > Restructuring and insolvency
- Leading individuals - Spain > Restructuring and insolvency
- Leading individuals - Spain > Banking and finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets: Debt
- Capital markets: Equity
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- EU and competition
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: Manufacturing
- Industry focus: Retail
- Industry focus: TMT
- Intellectual property: Copyright
- Intellectual property: patents
- Intellectual property: Trade marks
- Private equity
- Public law
- Real estate and construction
- Restructuring and insolvency
- White-collar crime