Mr Ismael Clemente > Uría Menéndez > Madrid, Spain > Lawyer Profile
Uría Menéndez Offices
PRÍNCIPE DE VERGARA 187
PLAZA RODRÍGUEZ URÍA
- Go to...
Mr Ismael Clemente
Corporate Crime and Internal Investigations
mael Clemente is a partner in the Madrid office of Uría Menéndez. He joined the firm in 1999.
He specialises in white-collar crime and has represented clients in some of the most significant criminal proceedings conducted in Spain in recent years concerning:
- Large-scale commercial and bank fraud.
- Corporate crime and corrupt practices.
- Bankruptcy fraud.
- Tax fraud (especially VAT fraud and “missing trader” investigations).
- Environmental crime.
- Work-related accidents, advising on both criminal and employment law aspects.
- Doping in sports (he has represented clients in the most important proceedings conducted in Spain).
He handles cases before the Audiencia Nacional, the Supreme Court and all other criminal courts.
He has also advised on civil litigation matters (most notably, damages claims).
Madrid Bar Association.
Law degree, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, 1997.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The corporate crime and internal investigations group at Uría Menéndez remains a leader in the market, where it acts for well-known international corporations, financial institutions and management teams on a diverse range of issues. Such matters include money laundering, fraud, tax offences, corruption, crisis management and regulatory compliance. Led by white-collar criminal law specialist Jaime Alonso and commercial and bank fraud expert Ismael Clemente in Madrid, the team’s client base covers the engineering, construction, finance, retail, technology and IT services sectors. Key support is provided by counsels Manuel Álvarez, Enrique Rodríguez Celada and Patricia Leandro in Madrid. Oscar Morales left the firm.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets: Debt
- Capital markets: Equity
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- EU and competition
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: Manufacturing
- Industry focus: Retail
- Industry focus: TMT
- Intellectual property: patents
- Private equity
- Public law
- Real estate and construction
- Restructuring and insolvency
- White-collar crime