Mr Carlos Paredes > Uría Menéndez > Madrid, Spain > Lawyer Profile
Uría Menéndez Offices
PRÍNCIPE DE VERGARA 187
PLAZA RODRÍGUEZ URÍA
- Go to...
Mr Carlos Paredes
Carlos Paredes joined Uría Menéndez in 1995 and became a partner in January 2005. He is currently based in the Madrid office.
Carlos was seconded to Simpson Thacher & Bartlett between September 1999 and March 2000.
During 2001 and 2002, Carlos headed up the firm’s office in Lima (Peru), where he acquired first-hand experience in Latin America.
His practice focuses on commercial and company law, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, banking and securities law, and he regularly advises:
- private and listed companies on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and corporate restructuring transactions, both in Spain and in Latin America;
- financial entities, listed companies and venture capital firms; and
- on issues of equity and debt.
Madrid Bar Association.
Law Degree, Universidad Pontificia Comillas, Madrid, 1994; Economics Degree, Universidad Pontificia Comillas, Madrid, 1995.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets: Debt
- Capital markets: Equity
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- EU and competition
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: Manufacturing
- Industry focus: Retail
- Industry focus: TMT
- Intellectual property: patents
- Private equity
- Public law
- Real estate and construction
- Restructuring and insolvency
- White-collar crime