Mr Jesús Remón > Uría Menéndez > Madrid, Spain > Lawyer Profile
Uría Menéndez Offices
PRÍNCIPE DE VERGARA 187
PLAZA RODRÍGUEZ URÍA
- Go to...
Mr Jesús Remón
Litigation, Public Law, International Arbitration.
Jesús Remón is a lawyer in the Madrid office of Uría Menéndez. He joined the firm as a partner in 1996, having previously worked as a lawyer for the State in the Spanish Constitutional Court. He heads the firm’s Litigation, Arbitration and Public Law Practice Area. He is a permanent member of the General Codification Commission (Comisión General de Codificación).
His professional practice is focused on national and international arbitration, litigation, both in civil and administrative jurisdictions, and advising on administrative and constitutional issues.
- Proceedings challenging corporate resolutions adopted by listed and unlisted companies.
- Claims for payment and disputes arising from breaches of contract.
- Claims related to the awarding of public contracts and administrative concessions.
- National and international arbitration proceedings (ICC, NAI and others).
- Expert opinions on constitutional and administrative matters.
He has acted before the Spanish Constitutional Court and the European Court of Human Rights, and has also acted as an arbitrator in a variety of commercial and investment-related proceedings.
Madrid Bar Association; President of the Club Español del Arbitraje (2009-2013); Honorary President of the Club Español del Arbitraje; Vice president of the Spanish branch of the International Law Association; International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) (Paris); International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), Latin American Arbitration Group; Civil and Commercial Arbitration Court; London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA); Spanish Arbitration Court; Madrid Arbitration Court; Advisory Committee of La Ley; Editorial Board of the publication datospersonales.org; Editorial Board of Spain Arbitration Review; Editorial Board of Revista Arbitraje: Revista de arbitraje comercial y de inversiones; Legal Committee of the Consejo General de la Abogacía Española.
Law Degree, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, 1981; Lawyer for the State, Madrid, 1986.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets: Debt
- Capital markets: Equity
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- EU and competition
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: Manufacturing
- Industry focus: Retail
- Industry focus: TMT
- Intellectual property: patents
- Private equity
- Public law
- Real estate and construction
- Restructuring and insolvency
- White-collar crime