Mr Marta Pontes > Uría Menéndez – Proença Carvalho > Lisbon, Portugal > Lawyer Profile
Uría Menéndez – Proença Carvalho Offices
EDIFICIO RODRIGO URIA
PRAÇA MARQUÊS DE POMBAL, 12
- Go to...
Mr Marta Pontes
Marta Pontes joined Uría Menéndez in 2004. Prior to joining Uría Menéndez, she worked in a Portuguese law firm and a consultancy firm.
- Mergers and acquisitions: tax issues concerning the acquisition of companies, mergers and joint ventures.
- Financial products and capital markets: drafting of prospectuses, as well as the tax analysis of resident and non-resident companies.
- International tax planning: foreign investments in Portugal (taxation of non-resident companies and individuals) and Portuguese investments abroad.
- Real estate transactions and project finance: all related tax issues, in particular, the acquisition and transfer of real estate, real estate projects, shopping centres and project finance transactions.
- Tax inspections and disputes: representing clients in tax proceedings, claims and appeals before the Portuguese tax authorities and the Portuguese courts.
Portuguese Bar Association
Law Degree, Faculdade de Direito da Universidade de Lisboa, 2001; Postgraduate Degree in Tax, Instituto Superior de Gestão, 2003.
Noted for its ‘mastery of tax matters and clarity of responses‘, Uría Menéndez – Proença Carvalho fields a tax practice experienced in wealth management matters, major private equity and real estate transactions, and tax litigation. Practice head Filipe Romão focuses on private wealth, and Marta Pontes has significant real estate expertise. At the counsel level, Cláudia Reis Duarte is notable, particularly for tax litigation and inspections, and António Caldas has strength in restructuring matters.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Projects and project finance
- Public law
- Real estate and construction